What power can I get out of a GT before it melts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ash331":2jaw120a said:
Neil no I haven't got it fixed it's holding up fine at the moment still burning off type r's for fun :D any how next year I will be updating the standard one I just need Xmas out the way lol

No offence mate but burning off type Rs for fun?!?! That's a load of rubbish, a GT would have no chance against a type R, if you did overtake one I doubt the type R even bothered going into its VTEC be because he was laughing so hard at the attempt.

I've driven an EP3 type R and my sisters partner has one and has not only taken me for a blast in it but we had a run in on the way to Leicester when I had my modded GT and it destroyed me.

Its time people left their E-balls for cliosport and off this forum with dramatic claims like that, what has twingo133.net become??

I've been bumper to bumper with an EP3 Type R and a John Cooper Works Mini so yeah it's believeable, twisty roads give you an advantage

Why do all the GT threads end up with "My cars the fastest" :(
Granted, they are nippy but its hardly a great acheivement keeping up with another car on the road, especially if the driver of the opposition doesn't realise the youth behind is thinking its a race. Get them on track.

Infact, get this thread back on track :evil:

I was very close to a mclaren mp4-12c the other week and then occasionally there's a guy who runs a factory in bagworth with a grey F430 I'm stuck behind so I suppose my RS can race with super cars on a narrow road at 80mph.

No matter how good or fast or slow in this instance your car is there's always a general speed limit at any corner on a country road or any public road, go to a proper track and the same car will destroy you.

y3yse3ev.jpg

anyway, back on track with the topic. it would be nice to have some cams developed but i don't think it would happen unless you had big bucks to pay for the devlopment yourself. maybe one day though

oscar":55tx8a89 said:
anyway, back on track with the topic. it would be nice to have some cams developed but i don't think it would happen unless you had big bucks to pay for the devlopment yourself. maybe one day though
Find out if theres enough room for more lift/duration without (or with) new pistons/pockets and send Catcams a cylinder head ;)

More time with the inlet valve open would probably need less boost pressure to acheive the same fill of the cylinder so off boost responce should improve. Or, more likely acheive a greater fill from the same or higher boost giving more torque :cool:

neil that's a good idea, how much persuasion did it take form you to get them (was them wasn't it?) to make your cams under the basis that you'd send a cylinder head? possibly a good idea to take your route and get onto the bay to get a cylinder head

Yes, it was them.

It had already been mentioned before I got my Twingo, but they needed an engine or at least a head and cams to measure the originals. Thats when it stalled untill I asked and found out they were just waiting for something to measure, which is when I sourced a head and had it couriered off :)

The development was slowed down from the initial 12 weeks by holidays, illness and one of the CNC machines breaking.

Facebook - Catcams uk - Matt Saville
or through the catcams uk website

emailed them just there neil, i will keep you all updated on what the verdict may or not be, don't keep the fingers crossed though

oscar":320u5wgd said:
emailed them just there neil, i will keep you all updated on what the verdict may or not be, don't keep the fingers crossed though

I know it will be a longggg process but isn't it more important to get an uprated clutch kit released rather than this?

It's all well and good chasing power but what's the point if you can't use it properly?

that's true, although if you adopt neils will do attitude it shouldn't be a problem perhaps. you really just need to have the drive to get things done and have your car off road for a while which will put a lot of people off not to mention the money. you can uprate the clutch by inserting much stiffer diaphragm springs and then replacing the lining on your clutch plate with a much better frictional coefficient material and having 26 spline count i've a strange feeling that the original twingo and mk2 clios will have the same spline counts and approximate to 180mm. something to be looked into perhaps

i would never expect huge power though or go for it, i suppose we all feel that the car we drive could do so much more but there are limitations to what is pheasable but some nice cams and the ability to put the power down at a fairly respectable level would offset a gt beautifully. i like the idea of the 133 possibly being able to stick it to the current clio sports after cams and manifold / ecu in the pipeline, would be fantastic to offset the gt and clio tce to be lurking close to a 172 but i don't think that would be realistically easy to live with

waitey":2v5pnrh9 said:
Friedchicken91":2v5pnrh9 said:

Standard GT vs standard RS = RS wins

Tuned GT vs Tuned RS = RS wins

Tuned GT vs Standard RS = Close and can go either way

Standard GT vs Tuned RS = RS wins

Argument solved.
Although I agree about the E-balls on the internetz.

I can't wait to do the decat and Ktec intercooler + I have some new and lighter wheels in my head and go to FCS next year.

I also want to start doing more trackdays with my car.

My car is not the fastest or the coolest but it's fun to drive.
Enjoy your toys. When you're gone, you're not taking them with you.

MovingShadow":zen3j1f7 said:
Enjoy your toys. When you're gone, you're not taking them with you.

Too true...

Can I also add that if you have to give up your toys, you will become a right grumpy sod, like me.