What Products

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Thought I'd get the detailing section off and running so here's another post.

What detailing/cleaning products do you like using?

I'm a big fan of Dodo Juice products, I've never bought any of their products and found one to be average. Admittedly though, they're not cheap. Having said that, I don't there's any genuinely bad products out there, I have products from Autoglym, Meguiars, Sonus, Chemical Guys, Poor Boys, Collinite etc.

Meguirs and Auto glym as all i use ill get a list together in a bit so you can see what i use. Its all over the place the the moment some in my car and some in my room

I always keep a couple of bits and pieces in my car. Got to at least have some microfibres and quick detailer in the car for emergency bird sh!t removal haha.

I'm a fan of Autoglym and Meguiars stuff, some of their gear is brilliant and some is a bit average. With Meguiars it tends to be their waxes you don't see in shops like Megs #16 that is really good.

Autoglym stuff is mostly good as well, great when you need to get your hands on some products quick. The only thing I just can't get to grips with is their Aquawax, just didn't help in anyway at all.

I think every car owner should at least have a bottle of Autoglym Super Resin Polish. I've used others but always end up coming back to it. Works brilliantly by hand.

My favourite Dodo Juice products at the moment:

Born to be Mild, Tarmalade, Lime Prime, Red Mist, Blue Velvet Pro, Purple Haze Pro & Supernatural Wax.

Good list there mate, I don't think you can go far wrong with any Dodo Juice Product.

Have you tried Need for Speed? That's their polish/wax all in one? It's really good stuff, you'd be surprised how easy it is and it's leaves wax behind. Ideal for a quick polish, then a coat of one of their waxes on top. Job done. :cool:

Alex_225":31w3aan9 said:
Good list there mate, I don't think you can go far wrong with any Dodo Juice Product.

Have you tried Need for Speed? That's their polish/wax all in one? It's really good stuff, you'd be surprised how easy it is and it's leaves wax behind. Ideal for a quick polish, then a coat of one of their waxes on top. Job done. :cool:

I don't currently use Need For Speed, as I prefer to use Lime prime and then a coat of wax on top. But NFS is great if you're in a hurry and need an all in one product.

I think for people who want one product to do it all then it's great.

Personally I would rather polish and wax as two separate jobs. Having said that on my girlfriends old car, I'd happily go over it with Need for Speed after a wash. Then next time I had a chance whack on some FK1000 or Collinite.

Meant I could get a decent enough finish and protection, then just add more protection the next time.

Alex_225":aqsu1ycu said:
I think for people who want one product to do it all then it's great.

Personally I would rather polish and wax as two separate jobs. Having said that on my girlfriends old car, I'd happily go over it with Need for Speed after a wash. Then next time I had a chance whack on some FK1000 or Collinite.

Meant I could get a decent enough finish and protection, then just add more protection the next time.

True. It's a great all in one product.

To be honest I rarely use it haha. It's good for what it is and for people who don't want to spend on different products, it's a good all in one product.

I was sceptical of it but since a mate of mine is a Dodo Juice supplier I thought I'd try it. It impressed me and I'd certainly use it if I was giving someone else's car a once over and wanted something quick.

Alex_225":2cfcfxk3 said:
To be honest I rarely use it haha. It's good for what it is and for people who don't want to spend on different products, it's a good all in one product.

I was sceptical of it but since a mate of mine is a Dodo Juice supplier I thought I'd try it. It impressed me and I'd certainly use it if I was giving someone else's car a once over and wanted something quick.

I'm in the process of becoming a Dodo Juice reseller :)

Good stuff mate, what surprised me was the RRP compared to the bulk price.

I saved myself a healthy bit of wedge from the RRP, which is always nice haha.

Alex_225":2yxjddx6 said:
Good stuff mate, what surprised me was the RRP compared to the bulk price.

I saved myself a healthy bit of wedge from the RRP, which is always nice haha.

Yeah, a discount is always nice. The cost prices may seem fairly low on the face of it, but when you consider all of the costs a reseller incurs, the margins are pretty modest.

Yeah detailing products like Dodo Juice are fairly new to the mainstream. I've been into the whole club/forum thing for years but it's only the last 12-18 months where people have taken notice of the detailing aspect. Even then you'd be hard pushed to convince some people that spending £30 on a pot of wax let alone £65+ is worth while.

What surprised me was that mark up on Meguiars. My mate was supplying their gear and some items barely sold for more than £1 over the cost price! :shock: He found unless you're selling hundreds of units, it wasn't worth it for him. Then again he is a pretty small seller of cleaning/detailing gear and tends to steer more towards ICE and alloys.

Alex_225":16jq9kfv said:
Yeah detailing products like Dodo Juice are fairly new to the mainstream. I've been into the whole club/forum thing for years but it's only the last 12-18 months where people have taken notice of the detailing aspect. Even then you'd be hard pushed to convince some people that spending £30 on a pot of wax let alone £65+ is worth while.

What surprised me was that mark up on Meguiars. My mate was supplying their gear and some items barely sold for more than £1 over the cost price! :shock: He found unless you're selling hundreds of units, it wasn't worth it for him. Then again he is a pretty small seller of cleaning/detailing gear and tends to steer more towards ICE and alloys.

I agree with everything you just said.

There are some great Meguiars products I must say, some of their paste waxes are really good as well.

Only a couple of products I wasn't so keen on, the liquid Gold Class smelt awesome, looked nice but the beading lasts about 2 weeks. I like their quick detailers though and their tyre gel lasts really well too. :)

Only thing that's a shame is that my local Halfords barely have any of their range in stock. Looks like they've actually stopped buying their stuff in. Limited to Autoglym off the shelf from them now.

Ooh nice one, think I'll have to have a looky there. I normally go from Cleanyourcar.co.uk but a discount can never be bad.

I don't mind having a look round Halfords, if I'm need of something specific. Thing is I've got pretty much all of the products they sell that I'd want anyway.

Cleanyourcar.co.uk i emailed them and had no luck :( but ive always use ultimate finish and they have never disapointed me

I'll give them a try at some point, Cleanyourcar are good in most respects. Although when the bottle from my foam lance broke, I mailed just to ask what I could replace it with. Not that I wanted them to replace it for free and they never bothered to mail me back, which I found a little annoying.

Have just received my new bottle of PH Neutral Snow Foam from them though. :D