What would you do?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCplParks

Reaction score
What would you do with £3000 to spend on your car?
I ask because there's a good chance I'm going to run into a hefty bonus at work soon and am struggling to think of how to spend it can't say I've ever had this problem before haha!

LCplParks":3ktzuezw said:
Haha! is that possible? does it fit in there?

Yep, Jordysport has a 182 engined twingo, and I'm sure there's a 225 engined twingo out there too!

If i had a 133 I'd spend it on coilovers, RS spoiler, exhaust and remap.

Otherwise I'd fix my GT and save it towards a new car.

Oh right wow well that sounds like an idea then is there workshops out there that would do an engine swap because there is no way that i could take on something like that! my skills and equipment are very limited :(
and yeah I was thinking about coilies (any you reccomend?) and already decided to get a new zaust for it

LCplParks":2e4nmugx said:
Oh right wow well that sounds like an idea then is there workshops out there that would do an engine swap because there is no way that i could take on something like that! my skills and equipment are very limited :(
and yeah I was thinking about coilies (any you reccomend?) and already decided to get a new zaust for it

I think kam racing sell KWs fit the 133, I would choose KWs due to their reputation! What exhaust you getting?

Ah right well I'll take a peek at those and for the exhaust I was thinking a supersprint catback because I've heard/read good things about them is there any others that I might want to know about?

LCplParks":2bi8bkxk said:
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/kw-basic-variant-1-coilovers-renault-twingo-mk2-rs-133.html
these the puppies you were talking about ?

That's them! K tec have a new manifold and exhaust for almost the same price as the supersprint, but Neil(singlespeed) was selling his supersprint system rather cheaply!

Yeah i was gonna have it off him but I couldn't afford it this month and now it's gone to another loving home :( is that the same manifold and system that was installed on that rs on this thread? post126442.html?hilit=cams#p126442
(sorry for bombarding you with questions I'm just curious!)

LCplParks":3f91k333 said:
Yeah i was gonna have it off him but I couldn't afford it this month and now it's gone to another loving home :( is that the same manifold and system that was installed on that rs on this thread? post126442.html?hilit=cams#p126442
(sorry for bombarding you with questions I'm just curious!)

Yeah it is, a few members on here are getting it and one already has it, Singlespeed again! IIRC the supersprint is about £600 and the ktec manifold and exhaust is £800 but you can buy them at seperate times.

There is another option but that's just a back box but its the RenaultSport one like on a silverstone, great quality and sounds the business, Karl has one fitted if you want to know more he has put videos of it in his progress thread I think.

The back box from Renault Sport is a little overpriced though.

I'd save the money and go for the manifold and exhaust line from Ktec.

just sent off for a quote from ktec for getting the whole engine back system with a sports cat and some brakes fitted depends what they quote me as to whether I brave it myself or not :/ haha

Cams once Neil has his completed ;) and if there is any money left over save towards the K-Tec Manifold :)

Yeah definitely worth looking at I think! I'll wait and see the Neil's results once he gets it run exciting stuff I think the manifold seems like a good shout it seems to be a popular theme in the answers so far :)

Haha that would be awesome! a pretty good claim to fame too but isn't there a lot of other extra work that'll need to doing on the engine so it can deal with the charger?

LCplParks":2gsq7edr said:
Haha that would be awesome! a pretty good claim to fame too but isn't there a lot of other extra work that'll need to doing on the engine so it can deal with the charger?
A low boost charger kit now goes on the Clio, which is simillar spec cams, compression to the Twingo, except its a 2.0.

I suppose the rest could be uprated later on after putting a charger on it there's no kits specified for Twingos though so I guess it'd have to be a custom jobby? and I wouldn't be able to do that without seeking help haha
but I'd seriously consider it once i have the cash