What's this called?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaked93

Reaction score
Hi guys. This had been sheered on my car. Think it's from an engine mount. Does anyone know where I can get one from and how much. Sheered on the way back from work and my engines moved a bit. :(

Well it was a threaded rod like thing. Will get a picture up when I can

threaded rod, like a stud (a bolt with no head on it, just thread basically?)

engine mount, drivers side mount beside the aux belt. will need replaced completely

It's on passenger side underneath the batteryish. Basically a pointy ended threaded rod with a big spacer with a nut on it. But it's all one piece.

If you have a picture of what you think it might be then I can confirm.

i don't have many broken engine mounts laying about for cars that i don't own, no. it would help if you'd upload a picture of the broken piece....

there 2 nuts holding the right transmission mount onto the tray under the battery tray and 1 big nut holding the gearbox to the engine mount. you will need to support the engine and gearbox while removing it, although you'll need to remove the battery to confirm this but realistically that's all it can be!

12062008045.jpg

Theres a pic of the mounting stud half way through this post. Early cars could be slightly different, hence the thread about altering my mount...
company-reviews/tec-racing-t1931.html

Unless the casting has gone, the broken pin should unscrew.
Battery disconnected and removed
Battery tray removed which is a few bolts and the drain pipe underneath
Support gearbox with a jack
Undo mount
Replace pin, then rebuild

singlespeed":35ylxbhg said:
Theres a pic of the mounting stud half way through this post. Early cars could be slightly different, hence the thread about altering my mount...
company-reviews/tec-racing-t1931.html

Unless the casting has gone, the broken pin should unscrew.
Battery disconnected and removed
Battery tray removed which is a few bolts and the drain pipe underneath
Support gearbox with a jack
Undo mount
Replace pin, then rebuild

we are guessing at best here, we may see madeline mccan before blaked uploads a picture :p was that harsh?

It wont be the first time a stud/pin has failed. Its pointy on the top and, when it goes, the engine drops down and moves about as Iits resting on the subframe... sounds likely.

Castings have also gone before now on the R1 rally cars. Some of them have replaced the pin with a bolt, but they do have a hard life :)

Yeah that is bang on. It's the main middle pin in your picture oscar. Do I need to get the pin from a renault dealer ? And will it be cheap ? Thanks guys.

01902 439211 give adam a call tomorrow, he'll sort you out good sir!