Wheel choices for 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RS133ETO

Reaction score
Having trouble deciding what to do with alloys. Do I get my Cup alloys fully refurbished for £340 in original colour?

Speedline Turinis in anthracite 195/50/15?

Or a set of 182's (Like Maggi's) in anthracite?

I'm worried, changing the original alloys will de-value the car? But I'm not keen on 17's, and the lack of rim protection from the 195's.

Cheers

Aftermarket alloys wont affect the value of the car, maybe slightly if selling privately, That figure is quite high for the refurb, I had a quote of £200 for a full refurb

markhardy":jywxj8n8 said:
Aftermarket alloys wont affect the value of the car, maybe slightly if selling privately, That figure is quite high for the refurb, I had a quote of £200 for a full refurb

That's what I've been quoted. Drive-in, strip tyres, repair, powdercoated and then all back together.

It's the closest place to me unfortunately.

If your worried changing alloys will de value your car why don't you keep the RS wheels as spares and fit when you sell the car? Lol, problem solved.

182s suit the car so well! But imo it needs lowering to do so. I paid £125 for the wheels +£120 for 2 tyres plus £130 for the refurb, however, I did pay cash in hand

I doubt if any of your three options will make any difference to the value of the car. Anthracite is a safe enough bet and originals, 182 or Turinis all work we'll enough to keep most people happy.

White could be safe, or a definite no depending on the person. I like white to look at but could never have white wheels. Other colors will have the same effect with a smaller audience that would entertain them.

Likewise, other wheel designs suit in different ways or completely clash. If you were after some bizzare wheel that you loved, maybe you would be right to worry about resale.

maggi112":1kdh20t1 said:
182s suit the car so well! But imo it needs lowering to do so. I paid £125 for the wheels +£120 for 2 tyres plus £130 for the refurb, however, I did pay cash in hand

Will the arch gap be the same as 17's on cup suspension? Theoretically the overall diameter is the same I believe. £130 for refurb.. How so cheap?

singlespeed":bd2uws8n said:
I doubt if any of your three options will make any difference to the value of the car. Anthracite is a safe enough bet and originals, 182 or Turinis all work we'll enough to keep most people happy.

White could be safe, or a definite no depending on the person. I like white to look at but could never have white wheels. Other colors will have the same effect with a smaller audience that would entertain them.

Likewise, other wheel designs suit in different ways or completely clash. If you were after some bizzare wheel that you loved, maybe you would be right to worry about resale.

You're up early on a Saturday morning! I have a mate with 2118's like yours on his 182, I'll be fitting them to check the arch gap and clearance's etc. White is a no for me, a speck of dirt and I'll be crying. It appears refurbishing the originals is the least favoured choice?

RS133ETO":33354sm2 said:
maggi112":33354sm2 said:

Will the arch gap be the same as 17's on cup suspension? Theoretically the overall diameter is the same I believe.
Yes it is the same