Wheel size

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owain

Reaction score
Hi Ive bought the wrong tyre size for my RS bought Toyo proxes 4 195/45/17 and need 195/40/17 can i have 205/40/17 if my front are 195/40/17 or should I buy the 205/40/17 and put them on the front and the 195 on the rear

Cheers

cheers buddy will it effect handling with 205 on the back and 195 on the front?

Twingogeekeo":x12p1qnc said:
You can mix the sizes aslong as there the same size on each axle.

What mine is currently running thanks to only needing to replace two. No difference tbh, not even any noticeable added under steer like you might imagine. Just make sure it is the wider on the rear ;)

2 Brand new TOYO proxes 4 195/45/17 Tyres ordered the wrong size sale as a pair or separate £120 the pair free to pick up delivery cost will have to be covered if you need them sent.

maggi112":pbyvp1rq said:
What mine is currently running thanks to only needing to replace two. No difference tbh, not even any noticeable added under steer like you might imagine. Just make sure it is the wider on the rear ;)

I know wider at the rear looks better, but from a technical point of view you should but the wider ones at the front as that is where the weight, load and stress is. The same reason why rear wheel drives (especially mid engined) has wider at the rear...