Wheels with light weight that look good??

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AS_BO

Reaction score
So I need a spare set of wheels for the Silverstone and I'm looking at going 16" with 45 profiles. What I need to know is which wheels are lighter than the 17" RS Wheels and that look the nuts! I'm thinking that I may as well take the opportunity to reduce the rolling weight of the wheels while I'm on so as light as possible. Pictures or suggestions welcome - I'd like to see what you all suggest and see what they look like on the car if poss.

maggi112":1ngro6fe said:
Probably any wheels will be lighter :lol:

Oz ultralegara would be my first thought. Look the dogs danglies, light and available in decent sizes and offsets

True story...... The RS wheels weigh a ton!! I'll take a look. Has anyone got them fitted?

maggi112":3nrxxa36 said:
Why Yotah does, of course.

Should've known! Cool I'll take a look at his thread. What's the thoughts on TD 1.2s?

I'm seriously thinking about Braid Maxlight's in 15". Custom made, so almost every offset can be done. They are rally wheels, so very strong and at 6,4 kg pretty light.

Forza":2lzikzoy said:
I'm seriously thinking about Braid Maxlight's in 15". Custom made, so almost every offset can be done. They are rally wheels, so very strong and at 6,4 kg pretty light.

Oooooooooh! Piccies?

maggi112":1yavuxzp said:

Oz ultralegara would be my first thought. Look the dogs danglies, light and available in decent sizes and offsets

What he said.

They look amazing and are light and are in any size pretty much

waitey":38ifz880 said:
maggi112":38ifz880 said:

What he said.

waiteys wheels are bloody well light, and look the absolute dogs you know what's although they are white! 450 i think he's wanting with tyres? that's quite fair, then again he's also looking for some RS wheels to swap for them ;)

rota alloys are japanese so that means good built quality. it seems rotas / speedlines / buddyclubs look the dogs, again .. you know what's on a twingo!

oscar":k4j7dmph said:
waitey":k4j7dmph said:
maggi112":k4j7dmph said:

What he said.

Agreed they look class!! On a gordini...... White wouldn't sit right in the Silverstone. Damn it!

waiteys wheels are bloody well light, and look the absolute dogs you know what's although they are white! 450 i think he's wanting with tyres? that's quite fair, then again he's also looking for some RS wheels to swap for them ;)

rota alloys are japanese so that means good built quality. it seems rotas / speedlines / buddyclubs look the dogs, again .. you know what's on a twingo!

I had Rota GT3 on my MR2 Roadster, nice wheel but suffered with corrosion on the polished lip, been looking at Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in gloss black, you can get a good ET as well which helps me as the standard on the 16V is ET36 which is just to far in for me. As for weight 7.4Kg for a 16" x 7 rim

I have a 16 x7 on my Twingo RS. The real weight is 6.7 kg. I weighed myself.

Attachments

• DSC02329 (640x427).jpg
    DSC02329 (640x427).jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 498
AS_BO":30t0huo2 said:
Oooooooooh! Piccies?

Fullrace_Maxlight_7x15_Web_2.jpg

Info link

And for winter I use Team Dynamics 1.2 16x7 ET45 in flat black:

Braids look spot on!
The new 911 R-GT is equipped with Braids too.

Or if you have the money you could go for OZ Alleggeritas which are another bit lighter than the Ultras.

I've noted the Braid 5 spokes for my next buy, they look really nice, similar to the others i'm listing (Compomotive MO5, Speedline 2110, 3SDM 0.05, Team Dynamics Pro Race 3)

This is good. Starting to get a bit of list together. I'll try and attach pictures and specs for each wheel we like/recommended and could possibly end up being a go to for good looking Twingo wheels!