Where will you be watching the 2012 f1 season?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordyb

Reaction score
Hey guy and gals?

Just putting the feelers out on who will be watching? And where?

I love the bbc coverage and all the team they have, but I hate watching f1 highlights!

I have managed to get a sky pass for my Xbox 360 from the mother in law and they have the full shebang, so I'm affraid I think ile be watching on sky! That is if my Internet will allow me to watch a full race weekend un-interrupted! Haha!
I do find the sky app on Xbox really poor!
Ta

Short answer... No

Longer answer.... No not since the robbing b's that got a completely unfair deal are going to ruin it.

Going to concentrate on WTCC, BTCC and Endurance series, actually everything apart from F1

I was hoping to get back into it this year.... but refuse to pay for 260+ stations I don't want to watch to get the one I do.

weebob":gxx8x68y said:
I was hoping to get back into it this year.... but refuse to pay for 260+ stations I don't want to watch to get the one I do.

Do u own an Xbox? If so, find someone who has sky, with multi room, and sky sports 1&2, and ask them very nicely if they will let u borrow there sky number thingy, and then that allows u to receive sky on your Xbox for free.

And if u feel generous enough, offer a small monthly fee!

That's what I do with the mother in law! Works a treat!

I want to keep watching live, but can't justify the cost of all the sky HD subscription for the F1 channel. I'll watch some of the races on the Beeb, but hopefully get my hands on one of those sky numbers from someone I know who doesn't use it for the web watching of the others.

The quality of the stream is shocking tho. Especially on a big screen.

We have the full sky package minus the movies so will be watching every race, quali and practice live on the Sky F1 HD channel.

Cannot wait.

People seem to forget that it was the beeb that screwed the F1 contract for everyone. Let's drop prime time, multimillion viewer program's in favour of all the PC pish.

Mr_Ben":3f0hns2o said:
The quality of the stream is shocking tho. Especially on a big screen.

I totally agree, all my tv is via streaming now, apple tv, Netflix, 4od, 5on demand, iplayer, I dnt have a freeview box, well I do but no aerial, due to crap signal. Anyway.... All these streaming services work great, but the sky app on Xbox always drops quality, without a doubt! But I no its not my net as it handles everything else fine!!
Frustrating!

N0ddie":73yca1gb said:
People seem to forget that it was the beeb that screwed the F1 contract for everyone. Let's drop prime time, multimillion viewer program's in favour of all the PC pish.
True but the 'deal' IIRC was (when first announced) 50:50 split it ended up 100:50.4848399 :lol:

It's all Bernies fault wanting to inflate his already fat coffers.

Lordyb":z6cnz7fl said:
weebob":z6cnz7fl said:

Do u own an Xbox? If so, find someone who has sky, with multi room, and sky sports 1&2, and ask them very nicely if they will let u borrow there sky number thingy, and then that allows u to receive sky on your Xbox for free.

I would but dont have a xbox. Hoping there is be some dodgy streaming service in xbmc.

weebob":3rlszbg4 said:
Lordyb":3rlszbg4 said:
weebob":3rlszbg4 said:

I would but dont have a xbox. Hoping there is be some dodgy streaming service in xbmc.

There's no xbmc app to get the sky streaming at present that I'm aware of, but hopefully one will appear soon

DrDrew":3dzgnopk said:
weebob":3dzgnopk said:
Lordyb":3dzgnopk said:
weebob":3dzgnopk said:

There's no xbmc app to get the sky streaming at present that I'm aware of, but hopefully one will appear soon

A xbmc fan DrDrew?, was going to post a couple of pics of my new build but was unsure anyone would be interested

Yeah, post them up, its often interesting too see what others have done for their set-ups :)

I've been using XBMC in one guise or another since 2005 :) (back when it was actually on an xbox). We've currently got it running of a micro-tower (one of the tiny asus boxes that's not much bigger than a DVD case) in our lounge. What's your set-up?

DrDrew":2mtc29l1 said:
Yeah, post them up, its often interesting too see what others have done for their set-ups :)

I've been using XBMC in one guise or another since 2005 :) (back when it was actually on an xbox). We've currently got it running of a micro-tower (one of the tiny asus boxes that's not much bigger than a DVD case) in our lounge. What's your set-up?
Will do.

I have gone all out on it really. I was into it with the old xbox also. Got a sandybridge based HTPC in the living room, in a lovely silverstone case, tied to the 5.1. And got one in the bedroom. All feeding from my home server.

Been looking about and there are a few apps mainly for streaming footy. will keep a eye out.

No where ha its becoming overrated and sky monopolising is kinda annoying, so a boycot is in order