Which plug?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Detail

Reaction score
I'm going to carry out an oil/filter change soon. I've taken the under-tray off to have a look but there are two identical plugs quite close together (both under the engine). Which one is for engine oil? Presumably the other one is for gearbox oil. Thanks in advance.

It was easier to get these few bits from my local Renault dealer this time, but I'll definitely use SMC in future, Karl.

You need to remove the sump plug that is located in the sump.

Make sure you have a oil drainer as it will leak once the seal is broken.

Twingogeekeo":127w9mct said:
You need to remove the sump plug that is located in the sump.

Make sure you have a oil drainer as it will leak once the seal is broken.

Will do! As I said, there are two plugs that look the same and I'm not certain which one is the sump plug. Is it the one that's towards the driver's side, or the one that's more central? I'm pretty sure it's the one towards the driver's side but obviously want to be 100% sure.

Can someone please confirm this is definitely the sump plug?

IMG_0922.jpg

Twingogeekeo":2bzu7qg8 said:
Sure looks like it.

Are you 100% sure? As I said, there's another similar bolt more central - the one pictured is towards the driver's side. If not, can anyone else 100% confirm this?

Have you read this thread at all,? That's the whole point.......... :|

:lol:

Dazza1":1mmvi3vo said:
Yeah mate move well back cos it comes out quick
Odds on that the plug ended up in the tray along with the oil... Or he kept hold of the plug but the oil missed the tray.

It's now done - thanks for all of your help. I actually managed to hold on to the sump plug, but my hands got covered in oil as you'd expect. The oil filter is the hardest part because of how confined the engine bay is. It took lots of persistence with the removal tool, but it eventually came off.