White Van Man

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
Ok, so today I was driving back home from Oxford. There was this complete lunatic of a white van behind me that kept getting close and then backing off, one-hand on the wheel and the other it appeared he was texting on his mobile or something.

Anyway, I mouthed-off at him at some traffic lights with "BTFO" or words to that effect. In which he initially did. Behind him however, was an ambulance.

Suddenly the ambulance activated its blues-and-twos (sirens), so I did the sensible thing, signalled left and pulled to the side to let it past.

The complete moron in the white van however, obviously not concentrating almost went straight in to the back of me, swerved around me (just as the ambulance was trying to get past) And then after about 30 seconds of trying to swerve around me, he realised why I had pulled over, but no, instead of holding back, he put his foot down and continued to stop the ambulance getting past him.

He eventually then let the ambulance pass.
What a selfish, utter moron with no consideration for anyone but himself.

/Rant over.

The fact people have no awareness in mirrors doesn't surprise me anymore, the phone culture is shocking and disappointing and the penalties are far too trivial to worry about.

What really aggrovated me was the fact that he didn't seem to care or acknowledge any other road user, almost as if he had the road to himself and was invinceable. I was gonna blast my horn but just decided to let him get on with it.

I saw someone driving in front of an ambulance yesterday with flashing blue lights and he would not move out the way!

I was going towards so I pulled up on the path and flashed my lights at him and my horn, ambulance just overtook as I was completely off the road.

waitey":3vkc8g7q said:
I saw someone driving in front of an ambulance yesterday with flashing blue lights and he would not move out the way!

I was going towards so I pulled up on the path and flashed my lights at him and my horn, ambulance just overtook as I was completely off the road.

Some of these people are just brainless morons. You do have to wonder sometimes...! :lol: