Who likes detailing?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
So come on then, who's into detailing their cars?

I have terrible OCD when it comes to cars. They have to be kept perfect otherwise it just p!sses me off. :lol:

Justed cleaned mine and lasted touched it :oops:

Perreys here cleaning his aswell :lol:

I feel we will see pictures later :D

Good stuff, we like pictures haha.

I gave my Gordini a wash yesterday and a once over with Dodo Juice Red Mist to give it some extra protection.

I wish I had OCD with cleaning my car!! It tends to go about 3 months in-between washes! It just gradually turns black and then I decide to get the hose out haha

Tut tut tut!! :lol:

I'm just messing, it's completely each to their own. I wish I could be more relaxed with my cars because it can be totally stupid how much cleaning I do with my cars. In fact I've washed and detailed my Megane more times than I've driven it this year.

A lot of detailing types will preach about how you should and shouldn't look after your car. I just say enjoy it how you like, if someone asks I'll tell them what I know about detailing. If not then fair play. :D

I love it glowing white though!!! I just really cba haha :(

Yeah the white does look smart, having said that, white is more forgiving than I thought.

Ok, it does show the rain marks but I noticed on my missus one it just gets duller and duller rather than showing up big time. The only thing I noticed is the little tar spots that stand out.

If you give the car a good wax you should find it will be easier to wash when you get round to it. Not that I'm trying to encourage you haha. ;)

To be honest... I spend a lot of time to detail cars... the first session with my Gordini took 16h.

Foamed with Maxi Suds II and Snow Foam
Rinsed with clear water
Washed with Maxi Suds II and a Wookie
Dried with Orange Babies
1 Round with Finish Care 2180 on a DAS6-Pro
3 Layers Finish Care 1000 Hi Temp Wax
2 Layers Finish Care Pink Wax
Finished with Finish Care 425
Windows received a layer of Ombrello Sealant
Tires got two rounds of Surf City Garage Black MAX
Leather Seats have been sealed
and Engine got a bit Meguiars Hyper Dressing...

and after that... it was like I expect a brand new car :D

It's surprising how a new car is never as clean as you'd expect a new car to be.

I have to admit I was lucky with mine, it was pretty much clean and certainly not in need of correction thankfully. Although have to admit the first thing I did was bring it home and wash and protect it inside and out.

Out of interest, why so many layers of wax? I've always been of the thinking that 3 layers is about the most you'd need, beyond that you'd be removing previous layers, especially if they haven't cured fully. (depending on how long between each layer) :|

Alex_225":3irass8t said:
Out of interest, why so many layers of wax? I've always been of the thinking that 3 layers is about the most you'd need, beyond that you'd be removing previous layers, especially if they haven't cured fully. (depending on how long between each layer) :|

Hmm...good question... the three layers of 1000 Hi Temp Wax... its not really a Wax.. it's more a Sealant. And it's to ensure, that I really get every little area on the surface. I let up to 2 hours between the layers. The two Wax layers are to get a shiny surface and a nice beading ;)

Fair play mate, was just wondering.

I tend to use FK1000 as my main wax/sealant, then tend to top up with Dodo Juice Red Mist after each wash.

Only thing is they've changes the spray heads on the Red Mist and now I've got Tropical it's too easy to over apply. The original Red Mist had a fairly weedy spray head that worked better. :lol:

I serious OCD for cleaning tht bad tht because the car gets so dirty in the winter I bought a winter car lol also I shall post pics of beadage as I love it lol god I sound weird :roll:

I only use Dodo juice products as I don't think zymol etc are as good IMO.

Dodo supernatural wax is immense ! :D

I've not used Zymol products but hear mixed things, some people swear by them others say they're not that amazing.

By the way, is the Twingo your winter car? If so what's your summer car? I'm exactly the same with my Megane, hence it hibernating over every winter. :D

Having said that, I drove my Lupo last year all through the winter and it was fine. Just made sure I washed it weekly without fail, even if it was raining and all was good. Just need to make sure you've got a good few layers of wax.

Dodo's Supernatural is really good stuff... but for the winter, the Finish Kare lasts longer without the need to add some after two or three month... currently I'm looking for a "summer wax"....
Currently there are Swissol Zuffenhausen; Zymol Glasur or Raceglace 55 which I think about...

Alex_225":2166faj4 said:
I've not used Zymol products but hear mixed things, some people swear by them others say they're not that amazing.

By the way, is the Twingo your winter car? If so what's your summer car? I'm exactly the same with my Megane, hence it hibernating over every winter. :D

Having said that, I drove my Lupo last year all through the winter and it was fine. Just made sure I washed it weekly without fail, even if it was raining and all was good. Just need to make sure you've got a good few layers of wax.
My summer cars the twingo and my winter cars a 306td lol

chrisil":3qzhnn9g said:
Dodo's Supernatural is really good stuff... but for the winter, the Finish Kare lasts longer without the need to add some after two or three month... currently I'm looking for a "summer wax"....
Currently there are Swissol Zuffenhausen; Zymol Glasur or Raceglace 55 which I think about...

I have a pot of Supernatural that I've just not got round to opening. Haven't got through my Orange Crush yet and do love the finish it gives.

Can't say I've used any of the waxes mentioned although have heard very good things about Glasur.

Ollie133cup":3qzhnn9g said:
My summer cars the twingo and my winter cars a 306td lol

Good shout, my mate has a 306 TDI and it's a great work horse. 55mpg the whole time helps too.

Orange crush is decent had it for my red starlet also have u tried banana armour ma mate uses it on his yellow evo 8 good stuff still tho I have the massive pot of supernatural last a fair while I wax ma twingo every week and I have half the tub left and the beadage is second to none