Wind Brake Upgrades

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsmeed

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum so I'll apologise in advance as this topic may well have been covered previously but a quick search of old topics didn’t tell me what I wanted to know.
I’ve recently bought a Wind Gordini 1.6 and I need to replace the brakes (pads and disks are both pretty shot). I’ve been trying to look around for slightly uprated parts from stock, I’m not going on tracks or anything so I’m not really after a massive upgrade!
The problem I’m having is that parts for Winds seem to be hard to find, my guess is that being based on the Twingo format is that parts like brakes etc. are the same. Am I right in thinking that any brakes which will fit a Twingo 133 will fit my Wind? And does this extend to other parts, e.g. induction kits, exhaust systems etc?
Thanks in advance,
Lewis

NVM after going through the site a bit better I found the Wind section ;)

Looks like I'm joining a few wind owners on here!

Thanks for the advice.

Yea I found kam racing after seeing that they'd posted on here a few times and emailed them yesterday. Gonna place my order for some Brembo HC disks and now just weighing up the extra cost for the DS2500 pads!

As far as I know the suspension is the same.
The only difference is that the ride is slightly more soft than the Twingo RS due to the fact it was designed to be a little bit more of a cruiser instead of a gocart.

But it should fit without changing dampers.

I know there are specific Eibach lowering springs for the Wind though.

Cheers for that, I think I will end up getting some new springs but for now I've ordered the disks and pads so should have fun getting them on. Annoyingly I'm out of the country with work all next week so I won't get a chance to do it until after then.

I'll take some snaps as I go. Intend to start a slow project with this car so will proably be bugging this forum with questions from now on haha!