Window Tint

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KieranWarlow

Reaction score
I've got a red Twingo 133 CUP 09 plate, and i've seen one locally which is a 10 plate that has tinted rear passenger and rear windows. I wouldn't mind tinting mine, but I don't know what % to do it. What's the standard/most common tinting done? I don't want to go limo black, just dark enough to look classy.

Well the first bit of information I was expecting was whether or not there are Twingo's that leave the factory with tinted windows, or has it been a mod done to the car? I came to the forum for some knowledge anyone might have to save me from having to dig around to find the information :p

i believe they do come with some factory tint on the back three windows, however it's not very dark. Personally, i've got mine done at 5% as i think it looks better. But really it is all just down to your own opinion. Remember that front tints can be maximum of 30% by law

Thanks Dave_133, don't suppose you have a picture of your tints you could show me? I also wouldn't mind seeing what the visibility out the windows from inside looks like if possible?

There are tinted windows from the factory. Mine was without that option so I went to Llumar
My presentation is here
post56140.html?hilit=Dimitris85#p56140
I have tinted also the front passengers windows.

I have the Llumar Alulight. It looks dark but I have not any problem!

Are the factory rear darker tint in the glass or is it a film?

I want to take the naff available car sticker off the rear glass but I don't know if it's film or actually true tinted glass.

its just stuck on, use a heat gun or hair dryer and peel edges off slowly, dont let it get too hot and burn the paint, when off just wipe with window cleaner.

It's going to take the tint off too through trying to remove the sticker isn't it?

If you're talking about the Renault sticker on the back glass using a heat gun will be perfectly fine as I did it with mine, just don't go too hot and just clean it up after

All Cups leave the factory without tints because the tints add weight and the cups are about shedding weight. Non cup and full fat with cup chassis option come with tints.

It's got nothing to do with weight on cups, it's purely cost. The tints will add virtually nothing to the weight of the car, we are talking a few grams which wouldn't even be measurable in the car weight world.

Cup versions have always been about shedding weight. If the Renaultsport guys can lose even a gram, they will.

So what's that got to do with window tint, if it's actually in the glass it makes no difference tinted or not and if it's film it would make no noticeable difference because we are really talking peanuts.

I think you are over estimating what Renault do with cups. Losing a gram they wouldn't even bother with the mod. I would be pretty sure the reason why it's not on is purely for cost reasons paraded as stripping out for weight saving or rather in this particular items case a drivers car who doesn't need such luxury so don't put it on. But hey if they can kid people that they would feel any difference without tint fair play to them