Winter tires any suggestions ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostZ

Reaction score
So i was thinking of getting some winter tires anyone got a suggestion which brand you used or liked size preferable 195/50/15 ?

Cause i drove with my continental conti SC 3 in the winter and lets say they where "exciting" to drive in the snow and i want to change "exciting" to "reliable"

i was very pleased with fulda kristall control on one of my prev. cars
pirelli snowcontrol is a no go for me...

now on my daily i am putting back the vredestein wintrac xtreme, but they don't excist in 15s.
Best wintertyre ever :)

Wouldn't bother was doing a recent online catch up at work and realised winter tyres only are better on stopping and handling by an increase of 7% than normal tyres I'm gunna stick with my normal ones

Theres some good videos,one notable one being on a skating rink comparing tyres. There were very different results :?

Each to their own though.

I recently had a set of Continental Winter Contact fitted, which had better ratings than the Alpin A4, from one of this years reviews. The A4 was good and a clear leader for a fww years, so Conti must have caught up.

Ollie133cup":31yulwwr said:
7% could be enough to stop you ditching your car.. Thats enough for me.
jup, that's what the guy in my trunk said.
if i only bought wintertyres for 300pounds, i wouldn't have to pay the insurance and you +2000pounds

Personally working In garage I don't think there worth the money but I will be putting some Sand bags in the boot to keep the rear end heavy haha