World Series by Renault - Silverstone - August 20th & 21st

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Hello all!!

Just thought I'd get the date up for next years World Series at Silverstone as this years was a fantastic weekend and well worth the trip.

It's the second biggest event of the year for the Silverstone staff (I have it on good authority) and will, as in previous years, feature the Formula Renault 3.5 & 2 series events and the Eurocup Megane Trophy.

This year saw the Clio Cup, F4 1.6, Jean Ragnotti and the Renault R29 take to the track as well as a host of side events and exhibitions to keep you entertained.

More info on https://www.worldseriesbyrenault.fr/e...s/Default.aspx

I got a free ticket off Renault for this last year. Wonder if I qualify this year? :p Will Twingo133 be exhibiting a stand?

All tickets for this event every year is free. And they will have a Twingo Owners display section but clubs arent aloud to display themselves. Reason stickers come in handy on the cars ;)

renault release a set amount of free tickets every year but they get snapped up quick

Twingogeekeo":3qn0i2lt said:
All tickets for this event every year is free. And they will have a Twingo Owners display section but clubs arent aloud to display themselves. Reason stickers come in handy on the cars ;)
Show plates ;)

Matt":7gqr6lm5 said:
Twingogeekeo":7gqr6lm5 said:
Show plates ;)

Clio197.net had them on so i cant see why not.

Hopefully i can go this year as last year i had to work. Sadly at work i could hear it as i only down the road.

I can vouch for the fact its the 2nd busiest after F1 for silverstone..seeing as i work there for events:p

pritchp":1l8ys51v said:
I can vouch for the fact its the 2nd busiest after F1 for silverstone..seeing as i work there for events:p

i feel a cheap trackday coming on ..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'll be staying at (taking over) the Hamilton Fields Campsite again Fri & Sat with all the MS and CS boys as per last year. Was a good laugh last year, lots of beer flowing and music playing into the wee hours on both nights. Was better than the event itself!

Was a couple of RS Twingos that snuck in last year but didn't set up near us? Have to make more of a co-ordinated effort this year. More the merrier! (If that's possible)

did anyone ever go to the renault ws at donington park????????
silverstone seems to have lost abit of the feeling?altho i couldnt stay last year so it may just be that!!!
still a great day/weekend

TURBO":1bmm5n4n said:
silverstone seems to have lost abit of the feeling?altho i couldnt stay last year so it may just be that!!!

I use to go to donnington and fault donnington was the better track for it. I kinda lost my love for it when it went to silverstone and last year was my return to WSR. Did enjoy myself made me smile as the 133 was parked up and meguiers setup so close to the car everyone was asking me if i was part of there stand :lol: just casue the car was shinny doesnt mean im part of them :lol:

Twingogeekeo":2vg6676r said:
TURBO":2vg6676r said:

I use to go to donnington and fault donnington was the better track for it. I kinda lost my love for it when it went to silverstone and last year was my return to WSR. Did enjoy myself made me smile as the 133 was parked up and meguiers setup so close to the car everyone was asking me if i was part of there stand :lol: just casue the car was shinny doesnt mean im part of them :lol:

i seem to remember sitting in the stands with u listening to my gf saying "theyre crap drivers theyre not hitting each other enough, im bored" :roll: :lol:

TURBO":18rymgb8 said:
Twingogeekeo":18rymgb8 said:
TURBO":18rymgb8 said:

i seem to remember sitting in the stands with u listening to my gf saying "theyre crap drivers theyre not hitting each other enough, im bored" :roll: :lol:

So do i :lol: it was on the last bend on the track before the straight

Ive got this weekend off so will probably be there. Went last year and was a laugh

Been the last few years, so will be going again.

2010 was the first year I've been in a Renaultsport car though, and I foolishly left it in the campsite over the road thinking there wouldn't be many Twingos there! Will be going this year and making more of an effort.

matty_doh":xq7anyvt said:

2010 was the first year I've been in a Renaultsport car though, and I foolishly left it in the campsite over the road thinking there wouldn't be many Twingos there! Will be going this year and making more of an effort.

Was you there the saturday? I was parked infield aswell. Was next to the meguiers stand

Twingogeekeo":3tyl76wq said:
matty_doh":3tyl76wq said:

Was you there the saturday? I was parked infield aswell. Was next to the meguiers stand
Karl, read it again. Clearly says the car was parked "in the campsite over the road" not "infield" ;)

Matt":2dbsu2pe said:
Twingogeekeo":2dbsu2pe said:
matty_doh":2dbsu2pe said:

Karl, read it again. Clearly says the car was parked "in the campsite over the road" not "infield" ;)

I know im just wondering if he saw my car on the saturday ;)