Wow

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JE_GT

Reaction score
Just drove the new Astra GTC VXR with the Aero Pack and holy hell its fast (280BHP) and the brakes pack a punch lol

sebybeby.jpg

I'm not sure why I don't like the Vxr. Certainly not a slouch and well specced. May seem expensive but them seats are standard and spec a megane up and it's not far off anyway.

I'd rather spend a little more and get an insignia Vxr or better still, but a used insignia. Can't complain at the price:performance ratio on one of them and room for more with a set up that should actually cope.

Not sure I'm a fan of the estate. But in the right colour it's almost subtle, and a cheaper alternative to an s4 which I've been told it out handles. I've not driven either though so couldn't personally comment. My sisters boyfriend was impressed, and he's owned 2 E92 M3s

I cant fault it at all. We did some silly speeds and it felt planted all the time, the interior is to die for and it looks the nuts

It would feel planted when it weighs that much though. It's seriously heavy for a hatch.

And the interior has some nice touches, but I'd do my nut having spent that much with that many buttons cluttering it up and a steering wheel that looks that awful. Least the twingo was cheap lol

That's not to take away the fact, I feel I should add, that its got a lot of kit and some impressive engineering that's done properly it seems, rather than making savings with electronic diffs etc.

I just don't know what it's meant to be? Classy? Doesn't really fit the classy kind of car, it's a fast Astra.
Comfy? Totally poised and pointy? Plus I wouldn't buy one, the vauxhall garage is next door to one of Watfords 5 McDonald's which says a lot I thought