Wrap

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holliedynamique

Reaction score
Like James, I'm looking to get my roof wrapped in black vinyl, I've been to the place I want to do the job cos they do a top job and hes mentioned getting a vinyl that 3M do that's a metallic black like my spoiler etc. he said to get the job done right around the aireal he would take it off; could anyone help me with how u go about doing that, is it just a case of undoing the headlining and unscrewing it?

I'm also thinking do I go for the roof black and then get him to put white stripes on like the current ones I have to make it look a little bit different so it's white on black on the roof and my current stripes remain on the bonnet black on white?

That does look quite cool may have to draw a pic to c what it looks like thanks Kelly

There's a kink by my ariel where they couldn't fully remove it simply lift it someway to help. But that's being rectified Tuesday hopefully. Same with the bubble on the side. Shame as its actually a good job and looks gorgeous buy when it sat in the sun the air must've expanded and only takes a small bubble. Tbh the ariel thing doesn't bother me like the bubble does

waitey":38w5mpg4 said:
Do it!

Isn't that car in Japan? Read a progress thread on one looking exactly the same there not long ago.
Yeah, the guy actually wrote it off on the highway, it was a 20th edition I think.

Kelly_GT":2t721689 said:
waitey":2t721689 said:
Do it!

Isn't that car in Japan? Read a progress thread on one looking exactly the same there not long ago.
Yeah, the guy actually wrote it off on the highway, it was a 20th edition I think.

I know it was a shame as that car was immaculate, didn't he end up buying a 911 or Porsche of some kind to replace it?

waitey":2jdz5x1i said:
Kelly_GT":2jdz5x1i said:
waitey":2jdz5x1i said:
Do it!

I know it was a shame as that car was immaculate, didn't he end up buying a 911 or Porsche of some kind to replace it?
I know his work was pretty impressive! Not sure what car he has now ... The man clearly has too much money :p

Yes mine isn't perfect and I'm giving them the chance to rectify it. The Robbie mentioned in the post is Robbie at valet magic in ascot who i recommended to Gareth for his focus. I wish I could of used him but just wasn't possible with where he is etc.

Araf":3bjcg3xt said:
Anyone considering a wrap really needs to look at what can happen if it's not done properly. You've got to feel sorry for the poor owner.

https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/165202-my-gtr-2.html
I think a DIY approach would have seen a better finish than that. The number of tears, wrinkles and patches is horiffic for a suposedly profesional job.

For a full wrap or major panels, theres no substitute for a profesional with several recomendations having done full wraps. A twingo roof is essentialy a flat panel, but it is rather large and has the aeriel and side channels to contend with, so still not a simple lash it on job.

The guy that has done a couple of cars for me isn't too hot on straight edges, but I know that the original car underneath is good, as he doesn't cut on the paintwork.

www.pwpro.co.uk

he is the only person i would ever go to for wrapping, may be a trek for some of you guys but i can fully gurantee and recommend his work. its top notch.