Xbox ONE

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm yes sounds good... Only 1 register per game to one Xbox....

Ps4 for me this time. Sony have this in the bag now.

It means if I buy a game and play on my Xbox at my house, it's means it will only work on that Xbox . Bringing an end to social gaming... And the Secondhand console game market.

Solves piracy maybe but means I can't borrow friends games and the rental markets will be gone too.

Edit. Just watched the reveal , there is a brief bit on this it will be locked to your Xbox account not Xbox . Also there is a fee to pay to make it so the game is unlocked.

^^^ doesn't sound good. Not that I'm likely to get a new console but I've been close a few times when everyone keeps mentioning Forza

So whilst I had read the stats earlier, I've just had a look through a number of other articles and nothing confirms the rumours surround the locking of games to a single console...

But it was also rumoured for PS4, of course.

It's not about specs. The PS3 far outgunned the Xbox 360 but the exclusives were better on the Xbox IMO. I suspect it'll continue the same way.

Won't get it on launch date but will get it eventually, with the games to only one account thing I will just buy games I know I will enjoy.

And play the online demos to see if I enjoy other new ones.

Apparently you can't play Xbox 360 games on it though which is stupid!

I've always been a PlayStation fan but I think I'll give the xbox a go this time.

Not really an Xbox fan, I heard also they didn't add any lights to the new Xbox so there no possiblity of the Red Ring of Death anymore :p

And the more exlusives for Xbox are relative, the reason Xbox did so good is because they got a year head start on the Playstation 3, thats why they now want to launch the PS4 before the new Xbox.

Killzone 4 looks EPICBALLS!

the_notorious_C_A_T":1dlv6gbz said:
Not liking the linked games bit.

But I'm generally an Xbox man, so will probably continue. Never found the playstatatin controller as comfortable as the Xbox though.

That's because the playstation controller is bollocks and designed for people with abnormally small hands.

And inverted thumbs! Tried playing gt5 at the weekend, and whilst I won everytime (naturally) it was bloody awful having to use the d pad as the analogue stick would really require me to remove my thumb and reattach on my wrist for any prolonged use.

And the locked games thing is a rumour. Regarding both consoles. So how does it make one better than another? :lol:

It also doesn't deter steam users, me being one of them. So why does it make a difference now?

I don't hate Xbox, I even made a friend of mine buy a 360 so we could benfit from both worlds but he eventually got a PS3 too because the 360 was getting haywire and the controllers were shite.

I'm no fanboy but I've always had Playstations (+ I still have a Gamecube) but I have to admit, Gears and Halo are awesome.

Because there is a big market in secondhand console games .

Pc never really had that as they have always been cheaper.

Ollie133cup":d0mfx3kz said:
Because there is a big market in secondhand console games .

Pc never really had that as they have always been cheaper.

With supermarkets now selling games the price difference between new and second hand is negligible.