Yellow engine light - P0135

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostZ

Reaction score
So after 30000 KM on the odometer i have my first fault now i have read it out with my OBD tool and i got the fault

P0135: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

searched some info https://www.obd-codes.com/p0135

so do i need to worry like mad or is it an "easy" fix for the garage

or is it the sensor that goes from the 90° intake bend that goes to the intake valve that black tube that is connected on it cause i got a samco hose on it now can they accuse me that gave some trouble

Do you know have something like a maintenance plan on the car that you can take it to a dealer and get it sorted?

No its not that sensor your talking about. The o2 sensor B1S1 is the first lambda sensor thst you come across on the exhaust system. Not sure if its accessible from the top of the car.

It could be the lambda sensor at fault it could even be a few different things that is causing that code to appear. So personnaly I woukd take it in to be checked out.

I shall let the Twingo owners take over perhaps one of them can shed a bit more light on thr sensor location and if there is a recurring fault on them.

the first lambda sensor can be accessed through the passenger wheel arch. You need to take off the wheel with the car on a jack and you can access it - there is a gap through the arch liner into the engine bay. The cable runs around the side of the block and has a connecter around the alternator, the cable is in a white shrouding. Its removed using a 22mm(from memory) spanner or one of the special lambda extractor sockets if you have one?

hope that helps,

the workshop manual can be downloaded here; just scroll to the bottom and you will see it

https://manualy.autooo.eu/en/renault-manualy/282-renault-twingo-manualy-navody-prirucky

it gives instructions in that its pretty easy job to do.

Mat

lemat1":2h8x3lo1 said:
the first lambda sensor can be accessed through the passenger wheel arch. You need to take off the wheel with the car on a jack and you can access it - there is a gap through the arch liner into the engine bay. The cable runs around the side of the block and has a connecter around the alternator, the cable is in a white shrouding. Its removed using a 22mm(from memory) spanner or one of the special lambda extractor sockets if you have one?

hope that helps,

the workshop manual can be downloaded here; just scroll to the bottom and you will see it

https://manualy.autooo.eu/en/renault-manualy/282-renault-twingo-manualy-navody-prirucky

it gives instructions in that its pretty easy job to do.

Mat

thanks for the answer guys it is still under warranty so ill let the garage fix it but i drove to the garage and got a 2nd fault

P0130: O2 Sensor Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1) i think it the sensor is broken now cause when i drove my car home it almost stalled a few times when i was waiting at the stop lights so i'm going leave the car home until i can go to the garage and get it fixed

PS somehow i cannot download the manual :? the link on rapidshare is gone

So renault run further diagnostics and they try and cleaned the lambda sensor cause it was filthy cause of all the road salt my engine block is full of salt on top of it >_< ,

so yeah they said it is the lambda sensor they have ordered a new one so the Twingo is still sitting in the garage tomorrow ill get it back

Mine has started doing this lately p0135 first changed my down stream sensor n after 3 days p0130 is on grrrr :p