Yet another problem with my cup :( help needed urgently

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cup RS 133

Reaction score
Think I'm on this forum with a new problem every week. I sort one thing then another arises. Basically my car door got left open dureing the night and ever since my interior light won't go out when the switch is in the central position, it should go out when I close the door, but the main problem is the car won't lock, when I press the central locking it double clicks but nothing, the indicators don't flash apart from when I press the open button . The deadlocks or whatever there called don't engage when I move off yet when I lock the passenger door with the key manually it locks ok just wish driver door had one ATM. The passenger door still opens though with the central locking button I'm stumped on this one. I've tried the fuse trick, disconnected the battery infact pulled every fuse I can see in the glove box and engine bay. It's really weird it makes a noise it's just not locking and not a clue with the light had to switch it off to save battery really appreciate any help and suggestions.

its the door switch, the car doesn't know the door is closed so keeps the light on and wont lock unless done with the key manually.

Still not got this solved really didn't fancy taking to dealers for a dianostics. It makes sense in what you say about the door switch but these don't have the traditional type prongs shall we say that when u shut the door it pushes em in. What would I be looking for in the door switch appreciate the help mate.

Right I've just had a go taking the locks out the doors took connecters out and had a good look at them and the seem OK, guessing it's something inside maybe a solinoid what's gone. Would the boot catch have anything to do with it cause that's been broken a while but it never effected the central locking just been keeping an eye out for a second hand one. If I were to get a new front lock are they the same as the 1.2 gt's and across the twingo range providing they have central locking. Also couldn't fully get the passenger side out due to the key barrel how does this get removed to get the lock out thanks in advanced anyone who's got any knowledge of this.