Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The part of the sticker which was on the bumper was "removed" when I crashed in 2011 at the Nürburgring. I didn't bother putting new ones on the new bumper, also because I didn't like the fact that they went so low in the front. It made the car look taller than it is actually because of the vertical stripes. Having them only on the bonnet and the roof doesn't make that effect so much so I prefer it like this.

Quick iPhone photo this weekend just to show the lowering on the car :

988461_10200774949909664_520307461_n.jpg

yotah1":2wq078ou said:
Quick iPhone photo this weekend just to show the lowering on the car :
I know its difficult comparing ones with different wheels and tyres as that affects the look of the arch gap.
Do you have a measurement from the wheel arch to the center of the hub?

I have currently the standard 16" tire size as fitted by Renault when stock : 195/50/16 I think

The tires pretty much line up with the wheel arches, horizontally speaking, and there is no rubbing.

Did you not remove te arch liner like I thought I read?

I wouldn't myself for fear of anything taking a liking (or disliking) to my cambelt. Either that or you agreed with the above point.

Question :

do you have some back effect to have "combiné" on the rear?

do you think moving the spring at the same place than the shock can create too much effort there?

thx

JoeRS133 : TD were nice, but definitely not the quality of the OZ, and in real life, the Ultraleggeras are just so much better :)

Mazmaz : Pas de soucis, on craignait avec mon garage, mais 240 tours du Ring et 40000 km plus tard, pas de signes de fatigue ou quoi que ce soit.

Maggi112 : the front arch liners are gone indeed as they were broken last after a "too optimistic" Karussel entry. But even with them, it wouldn't rub anywhere.

Sorry Singlespeed, I answered in french, but basically I was saying we were sceptic on how it would endure the efforts of the Nurburgring but more than 200 laps and 40000km later, it still is in perfect condition, so nothing to worry about. On the other hand, my car is lighter than others, and completely empty in the back, so it doesn't stress too much its rear axle.

JoeRS133 : I am in Frankfurt, so trackdays for me are in Germany or France at the maximum.

yotah1":2bk0onok said:
Mazmaz : Pas de soucis, on craignait avec mon garage, mais 240 tours du Ring et 40000 km plus tard, pas de signes de fatigue ou quoi que ce soit.

That the extrem test

Thx for the feed back

singlespeed":2bk0onok said:
Maz/Yotah. If your concerned that the rear damper mounting having the bolt in single shear isn't strong enough, Pure Motorsport have a reinforcement kit which can be welded onto the rear axle to support the hub area better and also box the damper mounting which then has the bolt in double shear.
https://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=153

I was thinking of problem on the body also

Renault also sell reinforce back fram (but cost more cause already welded ^^) . they say it's for "dirt" or Evo version (so for extrem rally use)