Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. quick question.
my RS is 5 years old, i bought it 2 years ago

around a year ago on a trackday one engine mount broke, the engine moved slightly, so belt went also.
they changed the belt, but nothing else (new mount obviously)
now it's 2014, the car is 5 years old, the belt is only a year old, last year i had done 2 trackdays and around 1-2k the whole year.
this year i think i'll have 7-8 _HEAVY_ semi slick, etc. track days. my mechanic said i should change the belt, tensioner, everything, etc, but my dad thinks it's a waste of my money. do you think the belt could snap in time attack sessions? Well it's my money, and it should be changed maybe 1 year later anyway, so i wen't ahead and told the mechanic to change the whole thing. it's around 300GBP, which is a little more than i expected.
do you guys know anybody who had his belt snapped on heavy trackdays? or it's better to be safe than spend 1-2k on broken engine?

THX.
btw nice bike, do you plan a few nordschleife runs on it?:)

EDIT: had a few messages with oscar, he thinks it's safe to run the old belts even on heavy track days.

Afternoon, read in your blog that you were looking widening body work for future upgrade. company in france produce kits for the rallycross entries . not sure if its already been posted up.

also do a one piece for the standard 133 front end

mwalsh":d0t36t2g said:
Afternoon, read in your blog that you were looking widening body work for future upgrade. company in france produce kits for the rallycross entries . not sure if its already been posted up.

also do a one piece for the standard 133 front end

uuuh where can you get this :D interested :eek: ?

www.polycarconceptsport.com French company . they send me catalogoes on a monthly basis so pretty good with their user base and happy to reply back fast and in english as well.
dont want to jack the thread to much with pictures but heres a last set

you'll notice that the single piece 133 front also comes with a top slit runny all the way across, which i've seen a member do on his blog here.

Awesome..... Now if the FIA bring back a Maxi F2 Rally category then that would be schweet!!

Looks absolutely f...ing ugly ! Clearly not my cup of tea, as I definitely don't see the point with my current setup. If I had the new engine and all, maybe, but even then I would do it myself.

I'm getting my poly windows from them though.

Quick update as the GAZ Shocks have been ordered. 4 weeks approx to delivery, which will leave about 10 days for fitting and testing before the Ring trip.
The RS will be at the workshop tomorrow afternoon and will stay there for 4 weeks approx with quite a few things happening on it, then once everything will be done, it will have to go through the french MOT to be road legal again.

Alright, here are a few news :

GAZ Shocks (the first built, so pretty much a prototype on which I might have some tweaking and adjusting to do) have been ordered and paid. Delivery within 3 weeks.
Got on the phone today with my workshop guy, as the car is still at home (no free space available yet to work on it). As they're will be a lot of things to do to my engine (cam belt, pulley, complete clutch) and I've got terrible knocks at 3000rpm, I took the decision to do the swap!
Clio 3 RS 2 engine, gearbox, ECU and loom found and downpayment made.
Still some seat brackets to build, battery to order, Twingo R2 top mounts to fit, new exhaust obviously to use with the Clio engine...

Well, I'll be dumping another few thousands euros in the car, but at least I'll have 200hp, 6 gears, and the opportunity to upgrade later if the KTec supercharger is working.

Awaiting to order the Lexan windows, and that's it. Hopefully all can be done before May 1st and I can do my first Ring trip of the year.

I trust my mechanic, I've seen him do an engine replacement in an M3 E46 in only a day, so I'm sure he'll do what's necessary to meet the deadline :)

yotah1":qhce9vri said:
I trust my mechanic, I've seen him do an engine replacement in an M3 E46 in only a day, so I'm sure he'll do what's necessary to meet the deadline :)

i am sure they will be queueing for a lap, but next time i am at the ring, i will have to track you down for a lap.

i hoping to take the megane to the ring this year for a blast.

MS, not for now, keeping it rather "stock" on the outside...

Forza, no rollcage yet as it requires too much work and means almost building a bespoke one, which pretty much doubles the costs of the current operations!

If your looking at a fair rebuild for the engine, a swap starts to make a lot more sence.

I hope the extra weight doesn't upset the balance as you have it working so well now. If it still handles as well and gets more power/speed, its going to take something expensive to keep up :)

Do we know how much extra the Clio's 2.0 litre weighs over the Twingo's 1.6? 15kg?? I'm guessing the gearbox weighs more too but being more centrally positioned hopefully this won't itself cause any nasty balance issues. I suppose this could all be in vein if it wrecks the handling and your confidence in the car.

Maybe the costs would be too high to install a 195bhp R2 Evo motor? You certainly wouldn't have any worries about balance and handling then. Though... on the flip side I suppose the 2.0 has the potential for a much higher power output. Anyway I'm sure whatever you do will be awesome. :)