Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oscar":12guuiys said:
mazmaz":12guuiys said:
R2 cost something like 55.000€ xD (you need sponsors or really rich daddy)
don't understand the comparaison
200 bhp for both cars near enough, fancy pedals and gearbox set up with the R2 set up for acceleration rather than top speed, stripped out for competition use ... there certainly are comparisons to be made, in the sense that you can do what Anthony is doing and achieve close to the same kinds of results as an R2 for much less money. i cannot wait to see the outcome of this :D

R2 have sequential gear box ... that more than a setup , that 12.000 €
R2 is for rally

Yotha one is for track and daily used
not really the same goal

anyway lest see how goes the mod ! :cool:

image11.jpg

image12.jpg

image13.jpg

due to the gearbox issues with the Clio box, will you go for a upgraded box, or go with the standard box first, and see how it copes?

All the best with the further installment, this will be epic once rolling!

Staying with the standard box so far. If I get any issues, then I might reinforce it, but only if necessary. All the Clio boxes which had issues were mainly due to supplier error in the parts, and it has been mostly fixed on the mk2 versions, which I have.

I might need an LSD on the Twingo as I don't have the same tire size as a CLio and I don't have the awesome front end design of the suspensions. But the Quaife LSD is absolut crap, makes no difference whatsoever compared to no LSD, and Traxler made a very good and strong one, but it's still being tested for the final delivery to some customers and it costs about 2k...

Some news , I just had Autohaus Kirfel on the phone.

The suspensions came in this afternoon ( photos in the evening ) from GAZ Shocks and it should look like this:

GAZ_Shocks_GOLD_Renault_Megane_2-16287_1.jpg

The windows will arrive next week.
Kirfel expects the dogbone for F4R but it must be ordered in France ( unavailable in Germany ) therefore not before Tuesday because Monday is a bank holiday ( pisses me off...!). It will help position the engine and see how to implement all accessories and radiator and therefore see what fuel lines and water lines may be taken from their stock of Clio parts and what hoses should be tailor made. I will certainly opt later to switch everything to braided lines but given the timing, we go for the fast'n'easy way.

Tomorrow they cut the car and install the new top mounts and adjust the suspension with the wheels back in place with the new semi slicks on.

Kirfel has a race battery at home, good performance and only 6kg and super compact so it will end up in the trunk and it will cost me much less than I was planning to take from ISA Racing.

He believes he'll have installed the engine , suspension and set up the Sybele wiring by Tuesday night / Wednesday morning to take the car to the dyno for settings from Thursday on. It should leave about a week of "margin " to tune the engine map, knowing that if Sybele lends a hand for the basic setup , it should speed things up well !

Edit : photos!!!

1922504_10204027851470170_8596872048300231122_n.jpg

1394334_10204027851150162_116576821433751627_n.jpg

10157180_10204027848950107_3887933612537366365_n.jpg

1920009_10204027849870130_6509303436557106479_n.jpg

10257688_10204027850390143_232725089637521876_n.jpg

Thats some speedy progress going on :cool:

Is this trying to beat Renault Sport with the #under8 project :twisted:

singlespeed":1eckta8k said:

hehe +1 for this maybe Yotah is the secret project :eek:

to be honest, i think getting under 8 will be the least of yotah's worries. this weight matched with this horsepower will certainly smash 8 minutes :) epsecially with anthony's commited driving style at the ring

GhostZ":3b4td74a said:
singlespeed":3b4td74a said:

hehe +1 for this maybe Yotah is the secret project :eek:

Renault Sport gave a 2 months deadline, i'll see if I can be fast enough to get it under 8 on a full lap, but given the setup of my car vs the Megane they use, it's a possibility :)

Routing for you. How you going for the exhaust, standardor keen to keep the race style 4-1?
Seen some ininternal parts getting these engines revving up to 9k. She'll sound amazing mate :)

182 Cup 4 into 1 for the exhaust.
So far we'll keep it revving normally, but TKS Motorsport has one taking 11000 rpm on balanced internals, insane engine but it has a relatively short lifespan between rebuilds :p

Am I watching right?
The rears are coilovers ? :eek: I thought that the golld kit for clios , rear has damper and seperate spring (In katalogues are like that)
That twingo is going to be a bluebomb! :twisted: :twisted: