Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered new Vibra-Technics engine and gearbox mounts for the car. Big thank you to that company, first they seem to be producing some cracking good products, and also their customer service is extremely fast and knows what they're selling :)
Great to see people doing a good job.

I've also ordered Rigid Collars. It's been developed by the guys at Spoon Sports for their Honda cars, and then they started doing them for pretty much everyone, including the 133.
Here's how it works. Not very expensive, and seems to be doing wonders to the cars handling and overall feeling.

[youtube]zWyUD6UXfog[/youtube]

Last but not least, I got in touch today with Wiechers Sport as they offer a 6 point and also a half rollcage. Supposed to be bolted in but I've asked them for pictures of it and also if it could be welded. I'm going the full cage way this winter, especially after seeing a friend hit the wall straight on at Castle Combe in his 182 Cup car. The cage saved him, no questions about that. SO it's time for me to get one. I'll install it myself with the help of my father as he's the one who knows to weld properly, for me it will simply be a "watch'n'learn" process :). We'll upgrade the cage with two extra points in the front going to the front suspension towers on which we'll finally fit the R2 camber plates.

Well, for a few aluminium rings they're pretty expensive :( . Did you get both front and rear? Please let us know if they are worth it, they could end up on the wishlist :mrgreen: .

And do you have any idea when the GAZ shocks will be available?

As soon as I can test the car, Gaz will make the shops available for sale.

The rigid collars cost a bit but I've tested a friend's Civic Type R before and after, on track. It just felt like I was driving a different car, so stiff and precise, really amazing. So much more transmission of information from the wheels, really great. So apparently it has the same effect on all cars so we'll see.
I bought both front and back sets.

Also tonight quickly sketched the rollcage:

madmatt":2t6r32eq said:
Callum-stirling":2t6r32eq said:
Would it not be easier to order the r2 rollcage??

Think the R2s come as a fully prepped shell :/
Na you can order the cage from MSE, it comes with the dash bar though so its only compatable with left hand drive. But i imagen yotahs is LHD.

Callum-stirling":2p3a73a9 said:
madmatt":2p3a73a9 said:
Callum-stirling":2p3a73a9 said:
Would it not be easier to order the r2 rollcage??

Think the R2s come as a fully prepped shell :/
Na you can order the cage from MSE, it comes with the dash bar though so its only compatable with left hand drive. But i imagen yotahs is LHD.

R1- 77 11 162 622 Rollcage R1 €2717.39

R2 - 77 11 162 621 Caisse arceautée préparée €5788.50

Mine is a LHD, but the R2 cage, though being very nice, is just way too expensive. 6k for a non-painted non-fitted cage, that's a proper rip-off.

No it's not the new Forza, I just dug up my Xbox 360 out of retirement ahahah.

Some news on the car : it started today! So now, all the wiring is being removed again from the car to be fully checked one last time before gaining it properly and re-installing it fully in the car to get the first test drives. It will take a little while to do the initial mapping, and we're still not sure as to how the Sybele will react with the catalysers on the exhaust (I didn't get the time to have them removed and replaced by a stainless steel decat section). Also we still have the canister on the fuel line, so it's switched off but that means the fuel tank does not have any venting system right now. Not sure if that's going to result in a pressure drop or rise, we'll see, but I'll definitely will have to sort this out this winter.
I have to manufacture new brackets for the radiator also, plus some bits here and there to fix.

Lots of work, most definitely not going to be able to track it this year even for just a test run.

How easy are these to fit? Seriously considering getting them, even if they don't improve handling, structurally they're a good shout

i asked Wiechers Sport about their cage, and with the webpage where you can add extra supports.
at the time they stated that they didn't have pictures of the cages , but did say the bolt in pretty much used the same mounting points as the KTec bolt in one . will have to hunt for the email, as i was after MSA spec half cage , they didn't know what that spec was so put me off

mwalsh":3m44qijb said:
i asked Wiechers Sport about their cage, and with the webpage where you can add extra supports.
at the time they stated that they didn't have pictures of the cages , but did say the bolt in pretty much used the same mounting points as the KTec bolt in one . will have to hunt for the email, as i was after MSA spec half cage , they didn't know what that spec was so put me off

i did the same thing i even was at Essen motor show yesterday directly speaking to one of the selling people at wiechers sport , also asked them where the mounting points are , they could not give me a dirrect answer and/or pictures , he said ill have to contact him next weeks so he can maybe ask one of the mechanics/designers of the cage where the mounting points will be .....

I'll get back in touch with them next week as they are at Essen Motorshow this week, so not really available for a phone call...

While the mapping continues and we sort out a few kinks, and I'm waiting for the decat downpipe, I've had a bit of an idea yesterday evening and went searching the web for a short shifter. Found my new shiny little toy :)

Shifter CAE for Clio 3 RS :

1tp3CE.jpg

apOufI.jpg

WvdVRf.jpg

CAE Shifter received today, amazing piece of machinery :)

Remaining to receive is the decat downpipe and the rigid collars from Japan.

Next up is an order at Dieppe Renault Sport to get the R1 rollcage, the front sump guard from the R1/R2 also.