Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Callum-stirling":3dwx9jfi said:
madmatt":3dwx9jfi said:
Callum-stirling":3dwx9jfi said:
Would it not be easier to order the r2 rollcage??

Think the R2s come as a fully prepped shell :/
Na you can order the cage from MSE, it comes with the dash bar though so its only compatable with left hand drive. But i imagen yotahs is LHD.

Link? To the roll cage

Thorben":vn0290aw said:
Callum-stirling":vn0290aw said:
madmatt":vn0290aw said:

Na you can order the cage from MSE, it comes with the dash bar though so its only compatable with left hand drive. But i imagen yotahs is LHD.

Link? To the roll cage

Thorben":vn0290aw said:
madmatt":vn0290aw said:

Link? To the roll cage

Contact nicky finlayson at monster sport europe !!

The r1 and r2 twingo's are homologated in rhd so I would think mse can supply a cage that fits rhd cars. There is also custom cages and safety devices you could try. There are a few twingo rally cars in the UK so you must be able to get one.

Pressure regulator for the fuel system, engine and gearbox mounts, anti-deflagration film for the windows and pedal covers ordered from Renault Sport.

I've received my Milltek exhaust decat downpipe, the gearbox is ready to be fitted, and I've bought some foam expanding glued strips, so I can re-do the water sealing if the windshield bay. I've also sourced a replacement front bumper grille and underbody panel to replace my smashed ones.

The car has a new starter motor, new plugs, battery cables and a couple new engine sensors.

Hopefully it runs properly pretty soon.

I've also ordered the R1 rollcage which should be delivered soon.

Decat downpipe arrived, should be on the car soon.

10930892_10206079153191431_7992841733653774438_n.jpg

Sooooo i got a call from my mapping man, the Twingo is running!!

He'll have more time next weekend to work onthe mapping before taking it to the workshop where we'll get it on the rollers for the final full power runs with the new engine mounts and the decat downpipe.

yotah1":6kxuymvt said:

He'll have more time next weekend to work onthe mapping before taking it to the workshop where we'll get it on the rollers for the final full power runs with the new engine mounts and the decat downpipe.

Ahhhhh yeahhh!

So looking forward to seeing beast in action! You'll then be running the most powerful N/A twingo in the world (As far as my knowledge)

Yeah but that Twingo V8 was an ugly duck on wheels with the shittiest driving ever, so I don't really see the point of the comparison...

10952394_10206146273109387_9038110215813567241_n.jpg

All on-board computers are now working, realtime data acquisition is doing a fine job to help tune the ECU now that all sensors are ok. The VVT can now be setup, as well as pretty much everything else.

We had to swap a new camshaft sensor (old one was shot) and use my Sybele Hall sensor that I had initially bought for the wheel speed acquisition instead of the weak crankshaft position sensor from the Clio loom.

I still have to get the decat downpipe fitted, the new engine mounts, the new pedals, the seat brackets on the passenger side, the CAE Ultra Shifter, finish some stuff on the Dashboard, find a front lower plastic protection for underneath the engine and bumper, adjust the brake cooling ducts...

madmatt":35hmim6q said:
Dubz":35hmim6q said:
You'll then be running the most powerful N/A twingo in the world (As far as my knowledge)

FAR from it ;) Twingo V8 has been done.

The Lazare twingo V8 was only running 200bhp :p And it was seriously ugly!

It had an old 3.5 V8 from a Range rover in it

Dubz":13jww2uj said:
yotah1":13jww2uj said:

Ahhhhh yeahhh!

So looking forward to seeing beast in action! You'll then be running the most powerful N/A twingo in the world (As far as my knowledge)

R2 Evo run 205hp so almost similar

I've been to see the car yesterday and we did some test runs with it. My mapping guru has to test a new electrovalve for the VVT as the one which was on the engine was damaged. Also we have to get the car to the workshop to fit the new engine mounts, the decat downpipe and the pressure regulator for the fuel line. The workshop will also change the VVT camshaft pulley which is dead.

Once these problems will be fixed it's all good to go for the mapping!