Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more than in love with that car, it now goes like hell which is what it always lacked!
I still have a few issues to fix (like a bearing on the front left wheel I think, must check that).

A lot of work has been done over the weekend :

- wheel alignment
- Rigid Collars (self centering titanium washers for the subframes)
- CAE Shifter with cnc cables (was a pain in the arse to fit)
- exhaust DB killer (very much needed)
- modification of the dash display bracket and new coat of matte black paint
- steering column plastics back in place
- R2 pedals
- fire extinguisher on the passenger side
- passenger seat bracket now in palce (raised 7cm, seat was too low)
- carbon plates in the door panels to fill the holes where the window controls used to be
- carbon plate to fill the hole where the ScanGauge used to be
- anti-blast adhesive film on all plexi windows
- new brake cooling ducts routing
- fixed the front bumper lower lip damage
- fixed the driver side wheelarch damage
- modification of the oil radiator supports to move it more to the center of the car (better cooling and avoiding contact with the accessories belt which was rubbing)
- fixed the central locking issue (generated from an error in the Renault internal datasheets, left was inverted with right)
- fully cleaned the car interior / exterior

Still need a look at the front left suspension top mount (little knocking); left hub bearing also, proper alignment, a quick repair on the rear right tire which had a rock in it, almost punctured it.

Photos below, and some video coming soon.

Trackday yesterday !!!

Well, the hassle in the morning with the Oreca packages arriving 5 days late, Chronopost deliveryman who arrived at noon instead of 8 am, and I had to leave without my exhaust insulation fitted. 2 sessions so quick to test stuff, and I cut short the test because of a right front tire valve which began to leak.

The car is very agile with the rear axle but not really more than before, the engine weight is not felt, and Devotec did me a killer alignment and global setup on the front wheels (we must adjust the back but I have no more camber plates available).

Weighing in at 974kg by Devotec with completely full tank.

The engine is top, the box also and my always unbeatable brakes, and now I can overtake the other out of corners too!
But Abbeville is a slow track, and I was mostly in 3rd gear and it was a bit difficult to put the power down. Universal joints have taken a lot of constraints, they will need attention.

I also have a vibration in the left front hub bearings on heavy cornering, so after this weekend at the Ring I will leave the car at R4R so they can have a look.

Small top speed test too, with 800 revs remaining, I was at 220 km/h :)

I need to check most of the screws on the car to make sure they don't get loose as mounting some harder silent blocks and rigid box linkage transmits a lot of vibration and I had a few things that were loose last night.

On the way back we took the opportunity to go take some pictures to the Normandy cliffs at Criel s/Mer at sunset and a small passage in front of Alpine in Dieppe before heading to the restaurant. Back at 2am at home, and tonight I put it back on stands to do the work on it (yeeaaahhh too happy ...).

Well, for yesterday, it was fun to arrive in a Twingo at Abbevile with the others almost laughing (proto with Focus RS3 engine, racing Alpines, Renault Spider, GT Turbo on steroids, radical Williams ...). After the first session and distribution of a general spanking, it was the crowd around the RS with 15 guys asking "what's under the hood? you race in what championship? you're racing driver? you know the track by heart? "

I got a good laugh out of it!

I took the car to the Nürburgring this weekend, did 3 laps before smashing a front wheel hub bearing into pieces so the car is getting fixed this week, and I'll probably go back next weekend. Otherwise, fast, powerful, stable, very fun, noisy, amazing, and so on...

idMzM1MzQyMTlkOTFhYzI2YQ==-126ea5ff93eb7f10186956a40ca5901a.jpg

It looking bloody awesome! Some pretty damn good photography going on as well :p

Did you get the front wheel hub bearing fixed?

Just took delivery of my new camera to replace the aging GoPro. I've opted for a AIM SmartyCam GP HD which has a bullet camera with 120° lens, full hd recording, data acquisition from the AIM dashboard with real time overlay of the GPS module, the speed, the gear engaged, the rpm, G forces, engines temperatures and pressions...

11390270_10207081202642041_5359934802931776461_n.jpg

Tested quickly tonight walking around the motorbike, video uploading right now. Quality is awesome. Just waiting on my audio cable and microphone to arrive this week.

[youtube]Zcj2IYfg3pg[/youtube]

Mic didn't work so sound is sh*t, and may things to adjust / fix on the car for next time.

They are available. They're good, u just have to test some settings to find the one I like most.
To be honest, the ideal would be to have them as 2 way shocks, to be able to adjust separately the rebound and fine tune it better, along with adjustable front and rear sway bars, but I might just build the sway bars myself during the summer...

Would it be possible to mount the Clio 3 engine with Clio subframe and suspension onto the Twingo chassis? Maybe the topmount would have to be customized, but when you're already having a rollcage fitted with topmount supports then it wouldn't be such a big step. Maybe some bolt-on fenders and a Clio rear suspension for good measure. I'm just fantasizing here, but that would be awesome and 200 kg lighter than the Clio.

Do you happen to have a part number for the GAZ, I can't find them anywhere. And do they include the topmounts?