You see it in videos but...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigtonA

Reaction score
You see it in videos but when it actually happens to you, made my panic quite a bit, thought i would lose my job but the managers just wanted to make sure i was safe and no-one was injured!

What Happened -

Racking in the warehouse came tumbling down damaging stock and nearly going through the floor (made of cheap wood)

How -

I was pushing heavy cages about in my warehouse at work, and i was on another level higher than the racking and there was no barrier to stop the cage and it toppled over bring down the racking. Sorry its hard to describe but hopefully you can kinda tell by the pictures...

When it first happened, and i was higher above the racking

IMG_7629.jpg

Coming down to the level where the racking fell... (photo isnt focused because i was shaking)

IMG-20120426-00363.jpg

Then when the cages were pulled off the top of the racking that caused it

IMG-20120426-00365.jpg

Doesn't look a safe stock room at all. They're probably thankful you werent hurt so they're not taken to court more than anything. Id be making a few suggestions about that if I were you and make sure it's sorted

pics aren't opening for me due to a realy slow connection :(

so long as nobody was hurt and things improve on the safety, then thats good. By the sound of it, that could have happened before or anytime when peeps may have been in the line of fire.

Blimey that's a little bit of a mess, it is bloody scary I once took out a racking support with a forklift only brought down a tier of it but really knocks ya back

Just glad your not hurt

All I cared about at the time I was safe but I was in so much shock as well, my manager wasnt in that night but I have went in and had a talk with him. Need to get a barrier put in or something but definitely needs some thing done about it, just amazed it has happened before now :/

Pics loaded tonight. Our health and safety rep would be having a field day there.

Looks to be a loading bay where cage pallets could be loaded onto a truck. Problem being, without a truck parked infront of it, theres nothing to stop the cages (or you) falling off the edge of the raised platform. If it's no-longer used for loading and has been turned over to storage, fixed guard rails should be inplace which would protect people from falling off the edge and prevent runaway pallets from jumping over too. Removable posts and safety chains could be used to allow easy loading if this is also used for loading.

Looks like the hulk just passed by. At least your ok though

Me and my friends were talking about something like this at the pub tonight coincidentally. He was driving the forklift and caught the strip lights above, bringing down the whole lighting system crashing to the ground! Oops. Luckily no-one was injured, I don't know how though!