Your MPG

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am lucky to get a shade over 200 miles a tank at moment and i not heavy footed either, just lots of stop start and traffic.

maggi112":12tuskqo said:
I've been managing near 300 a tank without effort lately. It's alarming that you can empty a tank in 180 miles easy in a twingo! Nothing like the figures lol

yer is it def mad how twingos are 2 diffenrt beasts. yer i can manage around 300 when doing motorway driving

I got back from caz Monday morning (I woke her up at 5 am :lol: ) and it was busy, I got back in very good time and did appropriate outside lane speeds and a very fast blast through the lanes from the m25 to my house. And I worked it 40mpg... It's just inconsistent!

308 miles done since filling up and put 31 litres in.
I still had the red bar and two other bars.

45.1mpg
And that was with some serious ragging after fitting the BMC on Monday night, Tuesday/Wednesday were novelty days.

No idea, I don´t even know how much a gallon is ...

On the way back home however, for the first time of my life, I had to save fuel as when I left Nurburg, all the stations were closed, and I had to drive about 70 km on the reserve + half of the second fuel bar on the gauge on the dash. The first bar disappeared after roughly 15km, so the rest was all on the reserve.

The fuel tank is 40L, I refuelled 39,6L in it ... Felt much better after that, especially as it was past 11pm and Nurburg is in the middle of nowhere!

No one in the uk knows what a gallon is. I was wondering how makers can sell cars with mpg when fuel is sold in litres which makes it an almost useless comparison when you're filling up

It's probably because over here we're used to the mpg figures, so if manufactures only gave l/km or l/mile people would be saying "well what does that mean and how does it compare to the old figures?"

I always remember it as 1 gallon is roughly 4.5 litres (In actuality it's 4.54609188 - had to look that one up.) Though if you're looking at American figures, their gallon is different to ours. The U.S. gallon is only 3.785... litres