Your MPG

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
33.17 from the first tank since the work. Crappy stop start motorway traffic with a couple of sprints to the shift light, some cross country stuff, a bit of getting lost town driving and a few runs on a dyno. Not too bad overall

26mpg :shock:

It could just be that I've been driving in London, spending as much time sitting in traffic as driving. I'm going to go on a motorway run tomorrow and see what its does (i.e to see if there is something wrong, or is it just caused by driving through London).

I get about 13 km/l which is about 30 MPG. Mostly city driving (and always having to be the first to the next traffic light :oops: :twisted: ) But as soon as there's some motorway kilometres, the MPG goes up to 40.

Thought this would be as good a subject as any to drop my first post in! Just calculated my mpg (almost entirely motorway driving) and came to 47mpg! Wasn't sure of official figures but didn't think it would be so high if i'm honest, tend to stick around 60 purely because of increased road noise above that. I'm sure that figure will drop when i measure mpg whilst driving on the twisty stuff, to enjoyable a car not to "take advantage" of an empty B road... ;)

33.28mpg for the 1322 mile round trip down to FCS. Not bad considering the stop start traffic on the way down and a couple of short sprints, then sitting at 4500+rpm from Preston northwards on the way up .

Don't know what this miles baloney is but when driving back from FCS.. especially the last parts on Belgian roads I was driving between 140 & 160 km/h (I wanted to get home quick) and I was suprised I still got 520 km out of my tank before the red light came on.

When the engine is properly warm it seems quite easy on the fuel economy.

ChrisIngramRally":3aaalxxy said:
mines about 8.6
Hence needing petrol on Saturday :lol: Its probably a good job you werent allowed to run for most of the day. Yotah has previously had just under 10mpg lapping on the Ring

Being as theres absolutely no way I could ever get it that low on the road, I'm tempted to see whats the best mine can do if I'm sencible for a tank or two :?

After my little service to the twingo, its gone up from 26mpg to 37mpg. Which begs the question what where Renault doing to it? Its got a fully stamped service book, but I reckon its only had oil and filter changes.

Just got this to a tank :p

98f83714-a201-4ac6-bcfa-d3b4e3f45f93_zps35a194b5.jpg

Followed by filling the car up by this much...

11212548-9f71-4d6e-bbd0-76d5aeef2045_zpse8f30c8f.jpg

Then getting this much in the first bar somehow

ad8d5dc0-70f3-475f-aa61-33204c1afef2_zps1d02db9f.jpg

I get 36.8 at the moment. About 16 mile journey from home to work, fair amount of stop/start though!

thristy.jpg

umm.......34.57 litres / 7.6054 Uk gallons. So 24.6 mpg, so pretty much £50 for every 190 miles.

Personally I'm blaming the crappy aftermarket dump valve.