6 customers needed

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westy

Reaction score
6 customers needed for 1.2tce forged pistons and rods, so a company can go in to production.... £920 for these parts.... "performance engine components"

Anyone out there????

I'm pretty sure someone already makes forged pistons

Correction: Catcam's already sell "Forged 40/43 H Section Conrods for Renault Twingo GT 1200cc D4F engines"

maby worth speaking to k-tec see if they are willing to come to some sort of deal where you get a set and they take 5 if they think their is a market for them, which imo there isnt so far. but if one of the tuners started pushing the boat out with packages then there quite possibly would be!

What can you expect when this is fitted onto a TCe engine?

Does your engine make a different sound? Gains?

Been reading and apparently uprated camshaft can come in different aspects: Rally, race, etc..

for me it's not expensive
it's normal price

but sorry i'v got a 1.6 sont need different pston and rod ;)

MovingShadow":17knr32k said:

Been reading and apparently uprated camshaft can come in different aspects: Rally, race, etc..
camshafts are often classified fast road/rally... As a guide to the performance power/revs caused by changing the valve opening lift and duration.

Pistons would be avaliable in different compression ratios. Lowering the compression ratio would allow a higher boost pressure to be run, giving a higher output when the turbo is at full speed... But, lower CR would give less power when off boost.

For NA motors, forged pistons tend to be higher CR which helps increase power, but not as effectively as using a turbo/supercharger and a lower CR.

Forged pistons tend to be lighter and stronger than the equivalent cast piston, allowing a higher rev limit (if the pistons were the limitting factor )

Forged rods with high tensile bolts will take higher rpm and also higher piston pressures (torque) which may bend a standard rod.

Well it'd like something for maybe some extra pony's but I'm trying to think which one is the most reasonable + it needs to pass an emissions test.

Completely de-catted isn't an option either.

Dubz":pesmokur said:
I'm pretty sure someone already makes forged pistons

Correction: Catcam's already sell "Forged 40/43 H Section Conrods for Renault Twingo GT 1200cc D4F engines"

Rods only from cat cams are 799 + Vat.... So pistons and rods for 920 isn't so bad in comparison is it?

Ktec are not at this point I have emailed David Kirk and said about my plans but they're not at this point right now.

Italy do them yes.... But be good to have some homemade products.

MovingShadow":2h9qrv6u said:

I've been reading too about green men that live on the mood.... They don't do anything for tce engines either.

Forged Pistons and Connecting rods are stronger lighter internal parts of the engine basically reducing weight and improving strength meaning more revs, power can be had.

Oliver":1bwliqg3 said:
https://www.twingotuningforum.de/thread-17170-post-8610831.html#pid8610831

there is something really strange

the rod are not the same dimenssion

wiseco website is quite obscure also hard to found references ^^

also I understand nothing of german to bad xD

mazmaz":ww7svm6a said:
Oliver":ww7svm6a said:
https://www.twingotuningforum.de/thread-17170-post-8610831.html#pid8610831

there is something really strange

the rod are not the same dimenssion

wiseco website is quite obscure also hard to found references ^^

also I understand nothing of german to bad xD

I think you'll find they are the same distance between bearings. The real difference is that the standard rods have more land around the bearing surfaces, which makes them look longer.