6 customers needed

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mazmaz":ekxhg3f2 said:
Oliver":ekxhg3f2 said:
https://www.twingotuningforum.de/thread-17170-post-8610831.html#pid8610831

there is something really strange

the rod are not the same dimenssion

wiseco website is quite obscure also hard to found references ^^

also I understand nothing of german to bad xD
if the piston compression height (small end journal to piston crown) is the same... It looks close fron the pictures.

Carillo don't list a rod for Renault, so maybe its a standard rod from another make, or a custom set with the same diameter journals and a shorter length. A shorter rod length on the same stroke crank will move the piston down the bore, reducing the compression ratio. Allowing higher boost pressure to be run which will allow more power. Thats ok, so long as the piston bore is long enough to support the piston skirt in its new lower position

For me it´s all the same. Only lighter and higher strengh....

twingo-16185046.JPG

I only know they are custom made.

Good day I am Jan-Kees and I am also looking for a rod/piston kit

Currently I am driving with a Twingo Type One TCE turbo
standalone ECU, INOX oversized exhaust with racecatalyst,
Foto550-HXZ6AAF3.jpg

Foto550-E3GK3TKV.jpg

Foto550-UVGS4IDN.jpg

Now I am building a new engine because I want some more power
So I am also on an epic search for TCE performance parts

Twingogangster83":2fmrnuul said:
I think u should write Stefan Weber (Weber83) from our german Twingoforum....he's building his own engine on a TCE Base in a Twingo Mk1 ......he's from Switzerland and a Mechanic at a Renault-Dealer.

He knows everything u need to know.

https://www.twingotuningforum.de/thread-22629-page-11.html

Thanx I know the forum and read his topic (as I am Dutch)
also send him a private message

got to admit guys this does seem like a really nice idea for uniqueness and getting heaps of fun out of a little engine but bang for buck you should be looking at a bigger engine perhaps the one from the clio sports you know? appears to be a direct fit within reason with some tinkering. i am not too in depth on the ins and outs, but if you want to aim for 160 your engine won't last for very long perhaps bordering the levels where you'd need to look at a new crankshaft and you could buy a clio 197 for that kind of money after parts and labour for a proper set up. don't hold me on the crankshaft part though

oscar":6ojgj8mj said:
got to admit guys this does seem like a really nice idea for uniqueness and getting heaps of fun out of a little engine but bang for buck you should be looking at a bigger engine perhaps the one from the clio sports you know? appears to be a direct fit within reason with some tinkering. i am not too in depth on the ins and outs, but if you want to aim for 160 your engine won't last for very long perhaps bordering the levels where you'd need to look at a new crankshaft and you could buy a clio 197 for that kind of money after parts and labour for a proper set up. don't hold me on the crankshaft part though

No offense but I rather drive a unique car that costs a little more than just another std Renaultsport
And you should see the people's faces when you pass them with your type one, Priceless
Foto550-GFQFIOOD.jpg

Sorry for the off topic part here ;)

jankees":3aoxfyj7 said:
oscar":3aoxfyj7 said:

No offense but I rather drive a unique car that costs a little more than just another std Renaultsport
And you should see the people's faces when you pass them with your type one, Priceless
Foto550-GFQFIOOD.jpg

Sorry for the off topic part here ;)
That's cool :cool: I've also gone with a unique car instead of something of a similar price and performance.

Going with a 2.0 16v engine swap would be the sensible move as the outcome is pretty well known and the costings can be worked out to a reasonable certainty.

Modifying a smaller engine, to higher output, when its not been done (or maybe just a one off trial) before is going to be equally as expensive as the transplant route and maybe more once every thing is ironed out. But, it will be individual and have a completely different character to a 2.0. Maybe the 1.2tce crank can break 200hp and take the same punishment as the F4Rt at over 400hp. Maybe not, so its guinea pig time :?

Then again, as people have said, I could have bought a better car. Which usually implies bigger which I don't count as better ;)

Neil.

Bigger is better, it has to be else I would cry myself to sleep.

Your sincerely,
A QashQai +2 driver

I like your thinking. I have the same feeling with my car.

btw, I love what you did with your engine. Where did you get those nice red coils? I need them too!

MovingShadow":3nlud27x said:
I like your thinking. I have the same feeling with my car.

btw, I love what you did with your engine. Where did you get those nice red coils? I need them too!

custom made set by Magnecor UK
Foto550-WA7SK4JO.jpg

Jan,

What lowering kit are you using in your mk1 Twinky?

Little OT sorry.

Thanks