air filters again.....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,I received my K&N Apollo CIS Induction Kit yesterday,I have fitted it with the air feed pipe in (U) form,I just wanted to know if i should remove the air scoop and cut the air feed to fit right in front where the air scoop fits so the air feed pipe will be about 5inches long.(Like Singlespeed has done)
Would this be a better option?
Thanks.

Attachments

• 5822040388_55b25bd9a2_b (Copy).jpg
    5822040388_55b25bd9a2_b (Copy).jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 655
TheDon":1dpej2lr said:
Hi guys,I received my K&N Apollo CIS Induction Kit yesterday,I have fitted it with the air feed pipe in (U) form,I just wanted to know if i should remove the air scoop and cut the air feed to fit right in front where the air scoop fits so the air feed pipe will be about 5inches long.(Like Singlespeed has done)
Would this be a better option?
Thanks.
The cross sectional area of the original RS scoop is smaller than it could be over the top of the radiator. Also, theres a mesh moulded into the front of the intake which would again reduce the amount of air that could flow

Any CAI system that draws air from within the engine bay will loose some power due to the not so cold air...
5833636634_eff025533e_b_d.jpg

I'll be re-working this style of scoop, and hopefully making a two part mould suitable for vacuum bagging. Besides the 70mm diameter for my BMC, it will also be incorporating a 76mm section which would suit the K+N and other kits with the larger hose.

Ok sweet cheers mate for the info and help!!!
Is it possible to remove the mesh?
I dont really see that there is point for it...

To confirm the resonant frequency of the resonator, I have just measured it at 3.1 litres (a bit bigger than I thought) and the link pipe is 40mm diameter. However, I can't measure the link pipe as I have lost the bit I cut off (so guessing at 15cm long)

78.49 Hz resonant frequency X 60 = 4709 cycles per minute = 2354RPM as theres two intake cycles per engine revolution

Even if 15cm is wrong for the length, the effective engine speed will still be between 2100-2600rpm