Aircon issue

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malone

Reaction score
Hi all, any help is much appreciated (y)

The aircon in my Twingo 2 petrol is acting strange.

Turning aircon on starts the pump with the usual click. Fan runs, the low pressure pipe is clearly cold with condensation and cabin air is turning cold. After a short period of time the cold air disappears but the pump etc. is running fine. The low pipe pressure is 30-40psi as recommended but the pipe is no longer cold. I have tried with less and more R134a coolant without any change.

Today the system was emtied and refilled. Compressor starts fine with a click but the fan is not running and the low pressure pipe is not turning cold. Fuses for the fan is checked and OK. The fan runs fine when the engine requires it.

Can this be related to the pressure switch alone? Unplugging the switch (high pressure side at the drier/condensor) keeps the pump from starting. Plugging it in when everything is running the pump starts but pipes not turning cold

Martin

Update:
Pressure switch replaced whithout any change. However I found out that the cooling fan starts instantly unplugging the pressure switch and stops again plugging it in with the engine running.

I have noticed that the cooling/radiator fan is not running when the AC is activated. It only runs when the coolant temperatur sensor requires it. When the cooling fan is running I can feel the air getting colder.

Question 1
Can someone check if their fan is running when the AC is activated (as in always running)?

Question 2
Does anyone have a relay diagram showing the fan relay at the engine compartment? I am thinking of creating a toggle switch to operate the cooling fan manually :)

Hiya! Don’t suppose you have any idea which relay is for the compressor clutch! I can’t find a diagram anywhere!

I haven't been looking for the AC relay so I cant help you with that one. The big yellow relay is for the cooling fan....located with the engine relays and fuses

In Twingo 1 there are two speed for the radiator fan, done with a resistor placed on the radiator. In that car there are two relays, one for the high speed mode of the fan and one for all the AC system and the low speed mode of the fan, I would assume the Twingo 2 it's the same.

In Twingo 1 there are two speed for the radiator fan, done with a resistor placed on the radiator. In that car there are two relays, one for the high speed mode of the fan and one for all the AC system and the low speed mode of the fan, I would assume the Twingo 2 it's the same.
Great update!

Can you help with a pic showing the location of each relay?

I have just checked with a similar Twingo and the fan is supposed to run on low speed when the AC is switched on.....mine is not 😩

Update update

1. I removed the fan and disconnected the resistor mounted on the fan plate. Full of dirt, grease and a bit of rust :cautious:
  2. Short-circuited the resistor wiring with a simple wire
  3. Had the engine running and turned the AC on and the fan started 🙃 - shutting the AC off stops the fan

Problem found. Ordered a new resistor and hopfully the problem is solved! :)

Many many thanks to "Gabry96" for the guidance

Attachments

• DER023TT_#1.JPG
    DER023TT_#1.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: