Amsterdam is nuts.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went with the gf in Dec 2011! We just avoided all the bad snow there so we didn't get delayed flying home.
Planning on going back again at the end of the year. Apart from the price of beer it"s a must do long weekend away. We did 3 nights 4 days the same as you.

belgium is better than amsterdam :D
don't really like amsterdam, Maastricht is my fav in the netherlands

I have been to Holland many times, but when I was younger with my mom and Dad and I loved it! Been all over, we stopped in Epe most times though. Lovely place.

amsterdam-is-like-tour-de-france_264406-700x.jpeg

Amsterdam is awesome indeed. I live only a hour away. So that's bonus. Surely you've visit the lights already, as that is what every Brittish lad does in Amsterdam. When you're in for a party, go visit the 'leidseplein' or the 'Rembrandtsplein'. Some great clubs and bars over there.

BlackTwingo-i":on4n705x said:
Everybody is thinking it, im gonna say it..

Been in any coffee bars? ;)

Have the laws not changed on that ? I thought it was only certain bars serving Dutch nationals only now ?

Been to Amsterdam 5 times in the last 2 years lovely city and people the bar culture is fantastic and the red light district is as tame as a Caribbean beach! Bars I like red light xxx,tiger and trinity. Used to go in fancy dress as well last time I was Jesus!

LCplParks":2okgqwl6 said:
BlackTwingo-i":2okgqwl6 said:
Everybody is thinking it, im gonna say it..

Been in any coffee bars? ;)

Have the laws not changed on that ? I thought it was only certain bars serving Dutch nationals only now ?

If I remember correctly the ban was from the end of last year (31st December) but then they decided to not go with it

So it's still the same as it had always been

Ah right not that it affects me because I'm in the army and I'd lose my job if I did :(

Yeah that's unfortunate. On our trip the gf tried it for the first time in a Betty Boop cafe. What made it worse for her was we ended up sat with an old welsh man, it blew her mind haha was brilliant. She's skinny as anything but that night managed to eat a large pizza and 20 chicken nuggets when normally she's full from looking in the cupboard :lol:

Haha amazing! At least over there you know it's good stuff and its not grown by a bunch of chavs in their shed
Not that I'd know anything about it...

The laws have changed for coffee bars in the villages on the border of the Netherlands.

But I think in Amsterdam itself you can still visit coffee shops as a foreigner.