Auxillary MP3 input?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzye

Reaction score
Right then...I wanna play MP3 tunes loaded on my phone in the car instead of CDs using the AUX input button selected from the steering wheel controls.
I have a HTC desire HD phone (brick ;) )
How do I do it?

3.5mm jack plug to 3.5mm jack plug lead, thats if the AUX plug on the twingo is a headphone socket port, never seen one

Nope, but its an easy and very cheap way to do it, and you can still use the volume controls on the stalk so with the music on my phone on random its enough for me.

I just use the 3.5mm > 3.5mm aux connection and whack it on certain playlists. Can't change the song but volume/mute is fine. Just remember to put the device on full volume.

maggi112":ouhud7bh said:
If I'm planning on fitting an IDA-X305s where is there behind the dash to whack an ipod and still have it accessible so I can update it regularly?

Glove-box like the Renault Tunepoint option?

DrDrew":3rzyslbp said:
maggi112":3rzyslbp said:
If I'm planning on fitting an IDA-X305s where is there behind the dash to whack an ipod and still have it accessible so I can update it regularly?

Cheers. I'm itching to get hold of the car to start looking lol, until that point I'm just making plans in my head! Some cars I've played with are hard to get a cable to somewhere suitable or out of site. Sounds nice n easy :D

maggi112":2iz6ndzq said:
DrDrew":2iz6ndzq said:
maggi112":2iz6ndzq said:

Cheers. I'm itching to get hold of the car to start looking lol, until that point I'm just making plans in my head! Some cars I've played with are hard to get a cable to somewhere suitable or out of site. Sounds nice n easy :D
Does your car have Bluetooth init as well ?

Kizzye, if your car has the Bluetooth sounds pack, you can link your phone Via bluetooth and set the source to bluetooth device.

It's in the same screen as Aux, just push your sideways button and scroll through music that way.

I would strongly suggest you get a 12v USB adapter, the HD doesn't have the best Battery life as is =P

M

matbry01":2vik76ys said:

Nope, just cup.

The alpine will have bluetooth added on top. Unless I get the pioneer 8200bt which already has it for the same price. Both are excellent for ipods which is all I want tbh

I've been looking at the harnesses to use the stalk controls with it, and they vary in price from £30 to £100 and so far I can't tell what the difference is. Which is why I'm getting my mate to sort it for me :p

maggi112":4uz6gcqq said:
matbry01":4uz6gcqq said:

Nope, just cup.

The alpine will have bluetooth added on top. Unless I get the pioneer 8200bt which already has it for the same price. Both are excellent for ipods which is all I want tbh

I've been looking at the harnesses to use the stalk controls with it, and they vary in price from £30 to £100 and so far I can't tell what the difference is. Which is why I'm getting my mate to sort it for me :p
Was going to say if it did have Bluetooth I connect my iPhone to it and I can play my music from it through Bluetooth and can use the stick ad well to change track pause and obvious the volume to !

I did have a HTC hero but got a sony xperia x10 now and am very, very happy with it. But the problem I find with phones and bluetooth as already pointed out is battery life. If it's gonna have to be on charge, why not save the hassle and have an ipod already hooked up anyway?

madmatt":1iudi83v said:
Kizzye, if your car has the Bluetooth sounds pack, you can link your phone Via bluetooth and set the source to bluetooth device.

It's in the same screen as Aux, just push your sideways button and scroll through music that way.

I would strongly suggest you get a 12v USB adapter, the HD doesn't have the best Battery life as is =P

M

I have the sound pack but not sure about bluetooth, will have an experiment.

Can't see a 3.5mm input plug (on the standard head unit) as suggested above, where is it 9if at all?) :?: :oops:

Where the cup holders are, to the left, there should be a little flip up cover.
This hides the Aux input, 2 RCA Jacks (one left, one right).

You need an RCA to 31/2mm Lead, you can pick them up from most places, Tesco, Halfrauds, Comet, Currys, PCWorld etc.

M

kizzye":327ntb8u said:
Can't see a 3.5mm input plug (on the standard head unit) as suggested above, where is it 9if at all?) :?: :oops:

Your head unit must be different to mine, Do you have the sound pack? I don't so maybe that's why I have a head unit with the 3.5mm socket on the front?

Yeah looks like I've got the soundpak installed (2 displays on middle dash - standard warning lights and radio/temperature info)