Been offered a Transfer..

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie133cup

Reaction score
Alright guys,

Been offered a transfer from my work in Aberdeen to Houston Texas .

Basically I'm an Offshore Service Electrician, I've been quite a few places around Europe with my work even at the age of 21.

Now yesterday the Service manager at our Houston base offered me a transfer over to Houston ( I'm currently there now) , if my bosses in the UK ok it. So I would be cruising the Gulf of Mexico oil rig hopping in 30+ degree heat .

My head says Yes as it is a ******* amazing place and I'm driving a 5.0 V8 Chevy truck ! But my heart says no as I love my family and most of all my doggie. :) .

I do tho have more fors then againsts ....

:D

My first reaction was. I would rather chew my leg off and beat myself with the soggy end than work full time in the gulf. Unless I have only seen the worst of them, redneck drillers and rousties 24/7 would do my head in :(

Keeping an open mind, go for it... But make sure the door is still open to step back (if you are/were happy with your current post)

You don't want to turn it down and regret it, have a good think and decide from there :) maybe even talk with your family and see what they think? And I agree with Neil, you should make sure that if things were to not be as good as they seem over there, that you can still jump ship back to the UK.

Go for it mate if u don't like it or get home sick then transfer back home. If u don't do it your live to regret it

Like most people have said. Go for it but still keep your options open in the back here :)

Import a LHD twingo to America ;)

Once in a life time chance, you have to go for it especially when you're so young.

I would answer but everyone else has made it one sided anyway lol. But like Neil said just check if it doesn't suit you whether you'd be able to come back to your old position. Aka have a fall back plan

I would answer but everyone else has made it one sided anyway lol. But like Neil said just check if it doesn't suit you whether you'd be able to come back to your old position. Aka have a fall back plan

Go for it. To be in demand in such an economic climate is great, would look great on a cv to have worked else where in the world too. Even if it is redneck land, which personally I'd love to do. Buy a bumblebee, live the life and enjoy it. Your family will understand as it's about the time people our age look to branching out and moving on and starting their own life. And when you do buy a fast Chevy take pics and videos and share with us

maggi112":1jmb76u3 said:
Go for it. To be in demand in such an economic climate is great, would look great on a cv to have worked else where in the world too. Even if it is redneck land, which personally I'd love to do. Buy a bumblebee, live the life and enjoy it. Your family will understand as it's about the time people our age look to branching out and moving on and starting their own life. And when you do buy a fast Chevy take pics and videos and share with us
why just pics and vids? We could go on an international visit :p

if your young single with no commitments etc i think youd be silly to pass something like this up, what an amazing opportunity you have in front of u. if it was me id be gone yesterday but its you that has to make the decision, its your life and a massive change

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I agree with what you have all said, and ye it is a once in a life time opportunity.

Neil ive been off to the Davy jones jack up and that was my first time in the gulf , and holy shit the Roustie are thick as ****. But still i spent a few days sunbathing on the platform haha .

whats you gonna do with teh snow plow if you do go? ship it with you, show those americas what a bit of french hothatch looks like :p

manofhow":3m56agc2 said:
whats you gonna do with teh snow plow if you do go? ship it with you, show those americas what a bit of french hothatch looks like :p
that's a must I think

Well I havent see a single french car in 2 weeks ! So yeh id like to take it but its no match for 8.0 V10 Viper ! Oh god i about wet my pants lol the plan is to stay out here 1-2 years works away and train new people etc

Ollie133cup":fz3xf6df said:
Well I havent see a single french car in 2 weeks ! So yeh id like to take it but its no match for 8.0 V10 Viper ! Oh god i about wet my pants lol the plan is to stay out here 1-2 years works away and train new people etc

I'm sure those rednecks could put a 8.0 V10 in a twingo if they tried :twisted: