Bilstein coilovers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthias

Reaction score
RENAULT TWINGO (CN0_) 1.2, 1.2 16V, 1.2 Turbo, 1.5 dCi, 1.6 RS From Years: 03/07 > (Power (KW) 43 > 98)

I miss read the description and just relised it wont fit a new Twingo CN0_ are the older Twingos.

I emailed bilstein a couple of month ago about their coilovers and they replied saying that they have no future plan on developing a setup for the twingo rs

badman171":3bzq4nkl said:
I emailed bilstein a couple of month ago about their coilovers and they replied saying that they have no future plan on developing a setup for the twingo rs

Thats the reply you get from most companys :(

Thank you ;) I was already looking at those AST Coilovers and I guess it's the only option to proper lower the Twingo RS nowadays. It is very pricy though, so I'd like to know whether you had any feedback from owners?

Im currently testing BC coilovers front coilie and rear damper and spring. fully dampening adjustable and height adjustable . Front can lower upto 80mm and rears. Will be between 55 and 60 mm when they send the new spring. Currently 7kg/mm Front and 9kg/mm Rear but new rear will be 8kg/mm

Kam Racing":1q8tebx9 said:
if you're wanting that sort of quality you could always look at AST coilovers which are monotube also, but come with a rear coilover instead of separate damper + spring. more expensive though..

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault...oilovers-renault-twingo-including-rs-133.html
does the rear strut mount in the same place as the original damper? Is there any issues with wheel/tyre clearance, or extra strengthening required .

Any pics of a set fitted?

singlespeed":38xkfkub said:
Kam Racing":38xkfkub said:
if you're wanting that sort of quality you could always look at AST coilovers which are monotube also, but come with a rear coilover instead of separate damper + spring. more expensive though..

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault...oilovers-renault-twingo-including-rs-133.html
does the rear strut mount in the same place as the original damper? Is there any issues with wheel/tyre clearance, or extra strengthening required .

Very good questions, some pictures would be appreciated indeed!

The Madeno kit (Bilstein Kit) is a rear Damper and spring not a coilover. So the same as all the other company until I get a reply back from AST confirming a rear coilover.

Ollie133cup":1xchzp0e said:
And how come on the AST website they dont list them?

AST haven't updated the products on their site in donkeys years. There's loads of new applications that just aren't on there..

singlespeed":2xf0wepa said:
Kam Racing":2xf0wepa said:

I've not seen a set fitted but I'd imagine it is fitted in the same place as the standard damper.. i haven't heard of anyone with clearance issues with them. yotah1 will have a set shortly so I'm sure we'll be able to see pics of it once fitted.

you won't need any strut strengthening done just to fit the kit for road or track use...