Bilstein coilovers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kam Racing":31ivpild said:
Ollie133cup":31ivpild said:
And how come on the AST website they dont list them?

AST haven't updated the products on their site in donkeys years. There's loads of new applications that just aren't on there..

I got a email back from AST saying they dont make them for the Twingo Renaultsport :lol:

Hello Karl

We have no suspension kit in our program fort his car

Met vriendelijke groeten / Best regards
Dennis kreeft
GSM (Mobile) +31 (6) 10 29 39 38

AST Advanced Suspension Technology bv
De Vest 68
5555XP Valkenswaard
Postbus 253
5550 AG Valkenswaard
Tel nr: 040-2074620
Fax nr: 040-2074625
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]

Thought so . So why do Kam racing list em?

Just means the BC kit is the most substantial kit now , once the camber top mounts are produced.

Because AST hasn´t had a car to test fit them on yet, but as the Twingo RS and the CLio 172 are exactly the same dimensions and suspensions setup, everything fitting on the 172 fits the RS133. Mine will be on by beginning of October so I´ll put up some pics :)

AST UK have tested it, but they're so busy it doesn't surprise me it hasn't been fed back to the head offices in the Netherlands..

not ALL 1*2 suspension will fit, some have different size hole spacing. i got some clio 1.6 version dampners havent got around fitting

There could still be clearance issues with the rear coilovers.

The essentialy stock R1 shocks and springs, and the R2 coilovers
6152736449_1834f4b6de_b_d.jpg

Note that the coilovers are inverted tube type, where the spring is at the bottom, so the top mounting area isn't encroached by the spring seat.

The original R1 rear beam, versus the bespoke R2 beam without the spring seat. Mountings and hubs are the same
6152737143_8cdbeba690_b_d.jpg

Obviously the 7x17" cup wheels and tyres would be rather crap for racing, due to the stupidly small sidewall height. The R1 runs 15" wheels for tarmac or gravel. Whilst the R2 runs 6.5x16 wheels with ET55 for tarmac... So the R2 has 6mm more clearance to the inset (inside edge of rim) compared to a cup model. For Gravel, the R2 runs 6x15 with ET38 wheels, which pushes them further out so the smaller diameter can clear the spring
6153281442_b46284fe5c_b_d.jpg

The rally cars have the cage to reinforce the rear shockabsorber / coilover mounting area, unlike road cars.

Okay, this is slightly off-topic from me, yet again. Sorry for that. I took my car for a ride today and hit some closed and secluded roads with my rally friend with his 185hp Fiesta ST and I have to say I was very satisfied with my Twingo keeping up with him (note: his car is very well balanced, power-wise and suspension-wise, bad words, I know). Anyway, I was thinking - is there any better set up for tires? 17's on Twingo feel perfect, they are somewhat heavy, I was told, but apart from that, 17's with 195/40/17 Conti's work superb. Is there anything better out there? I'm not talking about R888 set-ups, I was thinking about Speedline Turinis in 16" and Conti's or something like that. Do the 16" wheels affect the bodyroll and drivabilitiy of the car in any way? Just looking to work my way up from tires to suspension ;) I was thinking about 16" wheels and 195/45/16 conti's. Any suggestions?

yotah1":3m40ooaj said:
Because AST hasn´t had a car to test fit them on yet, but as the Twingo RS and the CLio 172 are exactly the same dimensions and suspensions setup, everything fitting on the 172 fits the RS133. Mine will be on by beginning of October so I´ll put up some pics :)

We have tested this, and the Clio 172 hub attachment/bottom mount is different to the Twingo RS as we currently have Clio 172 kit in development.