'bobs Puma

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrbushrat":2fzm2rjo said:
The knocking from the rear is usually the beam bushes it's a common fault with pumas and there a pain to-do! Don't use harder bushes on the back as they get to hard and skip around. Uprate the front bushes and if the bottom arms need doing use genuine ford not the cheep stuff.
Think that will be a garage job as its probably beyond the skills of my sausage fingers

Rear bushes are a pain and I send them to the garage to be dun as its easy when u have a puller and a ramp. The rest of the things that will need doing are not to bad to do.

Rightio, Not been many updates on this so here goes...

2013-11-23+13.45.55.jpg

^^ Actually lifted the bonnet, disconnected the battery in a vain hope to clear the engine warning light. It worked, but of course came back on as oddly enough something is causing the misfire and wobbly idle... May need some decent tools by the end of this. Found out what was causing the knocking from the front, look how high the top of the suspension is on the passenger side, need this looking at.

2013-11-23+14.28.06.jpg

^^ Noticed this... My brother said he had a argument with a high curb, glanced it with the front passenger wheel. New shock, arms.. anyway turns out the bumper took some of the blow, pushing upwards and breaking the light bracket.

2013-11-30+14.29.12.jpg

^^ Changed the throttle position sensor to sort the dodgy idle. Stupidly simple, just down the side of the manifold. I remember how much of a sod this was on the 197, very refreshing to find it placed within reach. Idle sorted.

Taking it to a local garage to get the suspension looked at, also waiting on a coil pack and leads. Cost a grand total of £23 delivered, got to love Ebay.

Once sorted its puma diet time.

weebob":23ab59zk said:
Taking it to a local garage to get the suspension looked at, also waiting on a coil pack and leads. Cost a grand total of £23 delivered, got to love Ebay.

Once sorted its puma diet time.

Coil pack arrived today, will get that fitted tomorrow.

The garage reckon it will cost a lofty sum of £35 to fix the suspension = win.... its going in next Thursday for this.

Look Ma!!! im pretending to know what im doing!!!

2013-12-15+14.35.15.jpg

^^ Out with the old coil pack

2013-12-15+14.44.24.jpg

^^ In with the new!

Its now firing on all cylinders and running really well for a neglected old ford. I have noticed a 'quite large' oil leak coming from somewhere towards the back, doesnt seem to be dropping much so it will be reet.