'bobs Puma

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebob

Reaction score
Picked it up last night, excuse the rubbish pic, I will add more tonight once it finally makes into my newly tidied garage.

IMG_20131117_180458_450.jpg

The plan is the following.

Loose weight and track it.

Sit rep so far

Issue 1 = Knocking from the rear, think its part of the exhaust

Issue 2 = Spluttering under hard acceleration, throttle sensor? Coil pack? HT leads? all of the above? Seems worse when car is warm.

Issue 3 = Engine management light on, probably because of above.

waitey":2i1w94h0 said:
Is this going to be your track/weekend toy?

I hear they're suppose to be great fun to drive
Thats the plan. If I get the issue'ettes this week it time to remove the interior next weekend.

Sod next weekend, Me and the two Mikes will come round to rip it all out! ;)

Awesome. Is it the 1.7? My mate bought one of those to drop the engine from it into his Mk5 Fiesta ZS. Nippy wee bugger like

funky_d":1dobetyy said:
Awesome. Is it the 1.7? My mate bought one of those to drop the engine from it into his Mk5 Fiesta ZS. Nippy wee bugger like
Yup 1.7, done nearly 70k. Service history is 'patchy' ... like the body work.

I would love to be able to do a project like this..
Hope i can take part in anything! Even if it is just stood there taking the piss and making you feel like a failure.. I do this to michael(golf) a lot

Looking forward to more updates on this then. My mate's one, after he did the engine conversion on his ZS, the Puma shell got stolen the next day (lol), so if you see any mega cheap parts off a black one from up here, then you know where it's from...

When i say rip, i do mean rip panels out, hope you're not wanting to sell parts on ;)

Good to see you got your puma at last! I have a 300mm brake upgrade setup if your going down that route as I am going with 4pots.
Change the leads and plugs and change the oil every 5k and the engine will last ages.
One off ousr has 170k on the clock and still goes like a train.

weebob":3p5dargh said:

Loose weight.
Good plan. What about the car :lol:

Ah, your meaning the car :) Even better, probably 70+kg depending on how much your loosing with seats, sound deadening etc

mrbushrat":3cuoknu3 said:
Good to see you got your puma at last! I have a 300mm brake upgrade setup if your going down that route as I am going with 4pots.
Change the leads and plugs and change the oil every 5k and the engine will last ages.
One off ousr has 170k on the clock and still goes like a train.

hrrrrmmmm ill give you a pm once I have sorted the knocking etc

singlespeed":16iqs4h5 said:
weebob":16iqs4h5 said:

Loose weight.
Good plan. What about the car :lol:

Ah, your meaning the car :) Even better, probably 70+kg depending on how much your loosing with seats, sound deadening etc

Ohhh your a wiley one.

The plan is to loose as much as possible. Not going to get it up to the same power to weight as the 197 was (would need to be around 800kg for that), but will entertaining after shedding a few pounds.

800kgs could be possible :roll:

With a grinder and a bit of metal work removal :cool:

The knocking from the rear is usually the beam bushes it's a common fault with pumas and there a pain to-do! Don't use harder bushes on the back as they get to hard and skip around. Uprate the front bushes and if the bottom arms need doing use genuine ford not the cheep stuff.

mrbushrat":2uljqzxf said:
The knocking from the rear is usually the beam bushes it's a common fault with pumas and there a pain to-do! Don't use harder bushes on the back as they get to hard and skip around. Uprate the front bushes and if the bottom arms need doing use genuine ford not the cheep stuff.
I second that I had the same problem I uprated mine with powerflex never had a problem again!