bye, bye twingo - I'll miss ya

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well it's not that simple. I was quite down on money a year ago and she helped me alot to get on my feet again by letting me live at her house for free thus shaving my costs of living by two thirds... now my financial situation is better balanced and I start throwing out cash again for a car I do not really need. so basically I do understand her reactions.

however - what she does not get is: keeping the twingo is not inexpensive either, as lots of stuff has to be done (see above list) and according to my calculations, I have to invest at least 3-4k€ in the next 12 months just to keep it running again. That's equivalent to ~1.5 years of finance for the clio... plus it has recaros and an RS monitor, damnit! :)

N0ddie":m8obuwf8 said:
Excllent. You'll have to sign up to Clio200.net.

Shh don't tell him that!! We have a clio section here!!! Joking aside they have got some good stuff over there

Already did days ago. This actually made me reconsider... everyone moaning about worn seats, melted steeringwheels, broken synchros and so on... and just yesterday at the drive home from the dealer, a esp abs warninglight went on... 25km on the clock

The gearbox crunch on them seems to be a odd one, some people saying the 200's are worse than the 197 were, who knows. I believe mine is the later box (70mph its at 4000rpm instead of 4.5k so should be the box with longer final gearing) but according to Renault the car has the gearbox (based on serial numbers) and there has never been a warrentee claim against the gear box for the car.

ESP ABS light, has it been standing for a while?

it has been standing for a few weeks at the dealers, yes. but this happened 5 times in 100km and again today on the way to work after 500m... lights stay on until I switch off the engine again.

run it back into them, maybe its held a error code.

Other than the poor start, how are you finding it?

They've got a blue rs200 on the forecourt of the Reno I drive past on my bus route.

Drivin passed it 4 times a day really makes me want it. 11 plate at £13,499

Dazza1":34h20jha said:
They've got a blue rs200 on the forecourt of the Reno I drive past on my bus route.

Take it for a cheaky test drive ;)

weebob":vycexk7a said:
Dazza1":vycexk7a said:

Take it for a cheaky test drive ;)
already drove 1 round silverstone

Loving the clio!

I was torn between a 197 and 133, ended up getting a 133, but def would have one...

The GF will get over it... (coming from a female :p)