Cams

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

after having the 4-2-1 and finding out the k4m-800 VVT does like this style of manifold i've been trying to get the info out of renault about their cams. im guessing theres would be non-VVT so they can get maxium power straight off the bat without waiting for revs to hit a point but they didnt comfirm this nor about pulley used.
my VVT has been delaid about 500rpm to combat the fueling problems but thats taken a sting on the overal performance, finally it hits 140bhp/108 at the wheels.
from a german member on TOC, cat cams for k4m engine are non-VVT but cant find pulleys, been told that maybe 182 nonVVT pulleys could be used.

any information on people changing cars from vvt to non or have changed cams would be great.

theres no reason why you couldnt take the vvt off of your engine.
as for pulleys one of your pulleys is solid so the best thing would be to get an adjustable pulley made or from piper,cat etc.a clio pulley should fit or any pulley from a k engine without vvt (1.4 megane etc).

the prob is that the vvt gives you good,smooth power through the range and also helps your fuel so if you do away with it then u will have to time the engine to have certain peaks which means u will have dips to map out!
it depends what u want to use your car for, if your going for quater mile times then id do away with vvt but if its a road car then id prob keep the vvt but get your cams re-profiled

hoping to shift car towards track and drag runs as the old man likes them in future. a member on TOC with a modified k4m stated the k4m-800 cams would be hard to re-profile due to their design, forgot the details but will have to comfirm with piper and catcams.
but gutted that my VVT is delaid compared to stock by 500rpm but hiting 135bhp+ not bad from it i guess. as for using up fuel the remap is getting about 240-260 motorway driving at 75mph :( so might as well bin the vvt :) and get the party started early :). will report back from piper and catcams when i hear from them and their advice. also hoping to ditch the skuttle panel aswell after xmas and get a good front bar in there, pain to adjust cambers with it on

is the VVT belt or chain driven in the RS k4m engine? want to check as catcams contacted me. cheers

belt driven.
its the inlet cam pulley that works the system and give the adjustment

Good news;
Hi,
We have a sample head for the belt driven engines and will have cams available for them soon (hopefully this side of xmas).
Regards
Matt
Catcams N.V.
UK Sales & Technical Representative
www.catcams.co.uk
seems that i was right in that you couldnt use older k4m ones due to height and make difference in the head block, glad i checked it out.

bad news;
I am afraid that at the moment this is not a vehicle that we currently make anything for It may be one that we look at developing for in the future so for the meantime please keep checking our website for updates Alternatively we have our universal range, of which something may be suitable https://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/Uni ... 139/1.html Kind Regards James Bourn ~ Sales Manager

i was hoping for the other way around. really wanted to get the rubber replaced, had to strengthen all the underneath which is goin to start add some weight and have heat shielded the gearbox mount which aint beautiful. but least i can buy some new sport cams after xmas :D:D:D:D:D

I fought you was looking at cams from there lol yea power flex for rubber and catcams for cams lol

lol.
just finding about prices from catcams, there about to start milling them soon, both VVT/Non VVT. looks like the R2 is doing well they stepped up the production time, more of a market for them there as renaults cams are so over priced.
any other companies that could make poly bushes out there??

polyflex would need to see about 20-30 members asking over the course of the year to think about making a run

u could always send your cams to piper and they will machine them to what you want!

just got word from catcams, VVT ad Non VVT for sport/race/rally should be done before xmas, about to be milled soon :)

are they making you new cams or are you sending your cams for them to grind??

i've been asking them about it for a while as they thought old k4m cams could be used but the head is very different and with the R1/2 now being sold in high volumes and renault ripping off price they started designing them. they've aready spec'd them up. just waiting for first one to be made and tested and rest of range should be done before xmas, should be about 2 sport versions im guessing one vvt and one non vvt.

can i ask what do u mean by r1/2??

u can use the cams from any k series of f series engine in your head with very little work

they said valve springs or something were different to. not sure about this stuff but there being made for the k4m-800 series as the older ones couldnt.

r1/2 are the rally version of the twingo rs running at 133/160bhp with the r2 running diffferent cams, exhaust and intake

not yet, will ask them just before xmas, first tester should of been made by then