Cams

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmm just checked on catcams website, seems as ktec will have rights to sell their sport cams in the uk..crist i hope i can order directly from catcams or they dont jack the price up to keep inline with ktecs if they sell the 133 cams :(
race cams it is :D

I live within walking distance of newman cams and theyre one of the best in the business, want me to enquire?

could do mate, should find out pricing from them at end of the week :). wondering if the first one would of been tested by then

will find out in the new year mate. by last email first one should of been made and tested by now

when u do get them is there any chance u could measure them before u fit them??and pm me the results as it would b interesting to see the diff between them and standard and also compared to other renault cams i run/have modified!

are u going to run adjustable pulleys?

not to sure if i'll keep VVT pulleys or go for non-vvt ones. will have to see what they've done. will try to get as much tech as i can from them. i believe they should have a dyno of the results as they told me they did have a tester car which they used to do the measurements from.

depend how lairy the cams are and if this is ur daily drive but u could key the crank and then run two adjustable pulleys and do away with the vvt.
that would be very strong and still easy to play with the timing to get the best from the cams.

i did ttry talking them into making their "sport" profile in non-vvt. have to see how long their race cams last, no point heading for rally as replacing every 5k isnt on the cards for me.
is the inlet cam the one that runs VVT whilst the outlet is fixed or arw they both running vvt pulleys?

yea the inlet pulley is vvt (has movement controled by oil pressure) and the exhaust is fixed.

sorry, been busy with job hunting i forgot to e-mail them. will find out tomorrow :)

havent gotten back to me since i sent e-mail on 28th. here hoping the replay back at end of week

looks like i'll have to call them, sent letter to main office this week and till waiting reply.

why not getting the original RenaultSport Twingo R2 parts?

inlet
Einlass_NW.JPG

outlet
Auslass_NW.JPG

expensive to change every 4k miles and idle is very high, god knows how much petrol you'd use with that installed.
and it looks to me that it is NON-VTT judging by the pulley, or at least a new pulley is required for outlet. wonder if you could get away with front installed...
anyway you could find out if they are? Rensports doesnt like talking to me much lol
also i bet they cost a pretty penny.

looks to me like a VVT inlet pulley, but don't know for sure. price is printed on the screenshots. arount 400€/piece. and I don't think the service intervals of the R2 include cam-change :)

but yeah, they're too rough for day2day use, I suppose :)

im if it is VVT, im sure like on my car it could be set for a slight delay, get better mpg when normal driving and unleash it when on track.
talking near 1000, for both then :(
i did see that uprated springs are supplied, might be a good shout just getting those when catcams comes out, and lets hope its no where near the price