Cams

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love turbos for cheap power ;) what duration are those R2 cams? (I can't see the link above) I had a Schrick 272* and twin 45 dellortos on my old BMW and that was about the limit I'd have wanted on that engine for an everyday car.

im hoping cams gets them as the same price as c2 ones and not the 197 which was hard to make and expensive :(

Right I keep seeing people write this and it's getting frustrating.....

If this VVT is the cheap imitation that I think it is of the hallowed VTEC system, the hi-lift cams that people installed that "removed" the VTEC, DIDN'T. What the cams do is place the the engine in the "permanent" VTEC position, therefore fooling the simpletons that the VTEC has been "removed".

Therefore these cams won't remove the VVT system it will jus place the engine permanently in the hi-lift position, as VVT is not only based on the lift of the cam but also the oil pressure. So unless you start messing with oil system as well you won't literally remove the VVT system.

thats the info im waiting to here back from catcams. they did state they will be doing non vvt cams, so like you said the oil and stuff will need to be changed but its siding with it being based on race/rally profiles.

does vtec use two sets of profiles, with oil locking in the second set giving it high lift. the vvt in 133 only has one profile which doesnt give it high lift but longer opening times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcT_ZyY3F0k
trying to find 133 one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlCUhzxsxQo

they look totally different

just found out the contact number so will call catcam tomorrow :D
same the lift details etc arent shown on the r2 cams.

frediiii":2mq8t3n4 said:
the valve timing stuff is all in the pulley, afaik
The pulley only moves the cams, and the lobe profiles are the things that directly affect the VVT system, but yes the position of the pulley also affects the VVT