Capsicum Red 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake_133

Reaction score
Well, here goes..........

Picked it up on 09/12/2009 - Here she is in the showroom...

021-22.jpg

020-19.jpg

022-20.jpg

It's the Renaultsport model so has a/c etc etc but also with the Cup Chasis.

Anyway, after having it a while (like 6 weeks lol) I got a bit bored and removed the "Twingo" on the boot...

019-14.jpg

Also bought some stickers off eBay. I didn't want to go too bad with the ones Renault have to offer, so I got this one. Looking back now, i'm not too keen on it, but I think it looked good at the time...

026.jpg

Well...I don't seem to have any more pictures. Other than on my Facebook.

I'll keep it updated as I find them though :)

Cheers guys...

Went to K-Tec the other day as I wanted to have a good look around, plus I need two new tyres for the front of my car as they were pretty shot. I decided to get some Toyo Proxies T1R's, due to Renault managing to fail at getting me the correct size Conti Sport Contact 3's.
Seem like a pretty good tyre so far....plus they were quite a lot cheaper than Renaults standard issue, plus I have heard good things about the Toyo Proxie range....

74504_456134768156_579993156_5717152_7984722_n.jpg

Looking very shiny thanks to Megs Tyre Gel...

Has anyone else noticed how tight renault are with paint? My wheels are very patchy in places.....I expect a refurb and new coat of paint will be applied in the new year...

Also a while ago, I removed the big grey Renault sticker on the front of my car, as I thought it was a bit too much.
I ordered a nice subtle Renault F1 Team sticker off ebay, to replace it...

Looks just right, I reckon....

73937_456134513156_579993156_5717151_1939236_n.jpg

Also after reading about it in a few places on here, I removed 'THE BUNG' from the airbox....Makes so much difference in sound!!

And here are a few pics of my K-Tec air filter that I fitted earlier in the year....Didn't notice any difference at all from it, and I wasn't expecting any to be honest.

026-13.jpg

027-13.jpg

Didn't realise how unclear that pic of the F1 sticker would be....I'll get another one soon.

I'm off to K-Tec on Wednesday - The car is booked in at 2pm for a re-map. I'm also getting a diffuser. It won't be fitted straight away though, as I want it gloss black - As seen on the Gordini's.

Also ordered a 6000K HID kit along with various other bulbs thanks to Hatton Performance

And the all important Twingo133.net stickers should be here soon...

Jake
she looks beautiful!
brought a tear to my eye!
do you mind if i come down and have a nose when you have the diffuser and hids
thinking bout it myself!
if you dont mind me copying!

twingo133":9m50ltmx said:
Jake
she looks beautiful!
brought a tear to my eye!
do you mind if i come down and have a nose when you have the diffuser and hids
thinking bout it myself!
if you dont mind me copying!

Yes, of course mate! You're more than welcome to :)

Sooooo......the car was re-mapped at K-Tec today.

The 'before' run found that the car was a shocking 109.8BHP, I was pretty shocked at how low this was considering it's called the Twingo 133. Haha. The bloke advised me not to worry about the low reading. They had a 133 *cough* Gordini in last week, and that only reached 105BHP. Apparently all of them are different, and none are really close to the 133PS figure that renault declare which is around 126BHP, I beleive....

Anyway, downloaded the map bla bla bla and got 119.3BHP - Which I still thought was pretty low, but hey, I'm hard to please. Lol.

I had removed the bung from the airbox on Saturday, so I asked if that would have made any difference...Apparently it wouldn't, so we left it out. I'm tempted to put it back in and see if I get any difference.

I now need to run the car on the special go faster fuel....so I left K-Tec with about half a tank of the 'normal' stuff, then headed to the Shell garage up the road and topped the tank up with special stuff....

I was advised to use either the Shell Ultimate stuff or BP Exclillium stuff or whatever they are called, and as there's a BP garage near me i'll be going there from now on. Hopefully after I have had three or four tank fulls I will notice some more difference when the ECU adjusts to the new fuel.

I may also buy a BMC panel filter to replace my K-Tec one, due to Karl's recommendations.

The guy doing the re-map said it may be a good idea to return in 4-6 months to see what the reading is then, so the theory is with a BMC panel filter I might get another 1 or 2 BHP. Hopefully. Lol.

Here are a few pics from the day....

148803_458859038156_579993156_5751738_768313_n.jpg

155164_458862143156_579993156_5751752_4504324_n.jpg

74890_458862368156_579993156_5751753_985975_n.jpg

untitled.jpg

Overall it was interesting to see just how low the car was on power and there is deffinately a noticeable difference with how the car drives. My car used to lag a lot below 3.5k revs, but now the lag is not as noticeable. I have a lot better power delivery and throttle response from about 1.5k upwards and the torque is a lot better. The car REALLY pulls now. The car also just generally drives a lot better. It seems more refined and a lot smoother.

While K-Tec have got the offer of a re-map and panel filter on for £248, I would say it's a great mod for any "133" owner....

did they tweek the map once they uploaded it? stage one maps are just sorting out the fueling, still a wee bit of play left to give on stock ecu.
always go to ktec on a friday, cheaper. lol
need to send my car back there again soon, on the first manifold test ran 134, interesting what the new version pulls on their system.
glad you like the remap, not to sure if you got a exhaust system installed but if you havent that will get your torque but a bit and quicker at the start but none to little on the bhp. did you get a read out of the wheel? thats the most important figure in my mind. software works out for power of your wheels what fly is, i've seen on mine a 2bhp increase at at the wheel one i put slightly lighter alloys with the sports3 on.

No, it's just the standard map on it mate. No tweaking invloved on mine :(
Ha, really? Let me in one the secret of why they're cheaper on a Friday!? ;)

Is this a custom manifold then mate, that you're just trying out? I'm interested. Ha.

All the car had was a K-Tec panel filter when it was mapped. And I'm still convinced that having the bung removed wouldd have effected it?

im surprised they didnt tweek it, every engines different so could of got a little bit more out :(
owners very happy on fridays and knocks money off. lol
custom yes, one of a kind from pro-speed with one being the key word, and not many companies will take up the challenge for a good cost :( if you do go down that route, stick to a better designed 4-1 and sports cat.
you might of got a bit of heat in there from removing the bung, but with their cold room/fans plus only running the map once the engine cools down to a certain temp shouldnt of made any difference. now get caught in 30min jam and then you'll feel it when you can finally put your foot down due to oxy sensors screaming hot air hot air kill power

Cheers mate
On the exhaust side of things, I may get a K-Tec one in the new year. Not sure what I'll get yet though....

I've put the bung back in now...Just need to go for a drive to see if it's any different. Lol.

go custom mate, ktecs is good, little bit o a fitting issue at back, but you can get a slightly bigger bore at 2 1/4" and have you own tone,tip and dB levels aswell

Jake, ive been into renault platinum today!
think they have actually fixed my car!
and i swear that Blue Renault espace and the megane are still in the showroom!

James

twingo133":19vitxg0 said:
Jake, ive been into renault platinum today!
think they have actually fixed my car!
and i swear that Blue Renault espace and the megane are still in the showroom!

James

Great work mate.
The only good thing about Platinum, Trowbridge is the girl on reception....Sarah I think her name is. Ha.

What did they replace? Water pump?

My '133 inside' (not strictly true) sticker arrived the other day so, after a while of deciding where to put it, I stuck it on the boot.

Also fitted my rear French plate. It had been sat in my room for a while and I fancied a change so let's see how long it takes me to get pulled :/ lol

untitled-3.jpg