Capsicum Red 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
French plates are cool but in france they havent used pressed metal plates since the late 90's

dear jack, i'm italian, and there's my friend with a Twingo RS remapped with 127bhp... like your car!!

no one knows why there are Twingo with 131bhp stock and Twingo with less than 110bhp stock!!

You will find its all down to weather conditions and the rolling road it is tested on

FaBiO 180":28trk8fb said:
dear jack, i'm italian, and there's my friend with a Twingo RS remapped with 127bhp... like your car!!

no one knows why there are Twingo with 131bhp stock and Twingo with less than 110bhp stock!!

It is a bit strange mate, plus annoying! :(
I feel like I should get £10 back for every HP I'm under what Renault claim :D Lol

The cars have 133dinhp at the fly which equates to around 129 fly hp, theres around a 15 to 20 percent loss at transmission hence you should end up with around 115 at the wheels

Prab

Jake_133":26g785pp said:
FaBiO 180":26g785pp said:

It is a bit strange mate, plus annoying! :(
I feel like I should get £10 back for every HP I'm under what Renault claim :D Lol
it's a LOT strange!!! have you ever compared your twingo, with a "normal" Twingo RS???

Prabmire":2a8i77ps said:
The cars have 133dinhp at the fly which equates to around 129 fly hp, theres around a 15 to 20 percent loss at transmission hence you should end up with around 115 at the wheels

Prab

According to the RR at K-Tec though, mine has been measured at the fly and not the wheels. So it's now only 122 BHP @ the flywheel.

So I am still theoretically quite a lot under.

The only thing that I can think of is perhaps due to the front tyres that I have? Toyo Proxies T1R'S? Would these be any different to the Conti Sport 3's?

Now that we've established that you were quoting the bhp at the wheels, this makes much more sense. If you were getting 110bhp at the flywheel, I would have said that you've got a problem that needs reporting to Renault.

Also, have you had any problems from the Police with your illegal plates yet?

Monster Detail":3dtvs1b8 said:
Now that we've established that you were quoting the bhp at the wheels, this makes much more sense. If you were getting 110bhp at the flywheel, I would have said that you've got a problem that needs reporting to Renault.

Also, have you had any problems from the Police with your illegal plates yet?

No, this isn't the power at the wheels, this is the power at the flywheel (according to K-Tec's graph)
I don't remember quoting this was the power at the wheels anywhere, although I may be wrong?
I've reported enough problems to Renault....they don't seem to care too much though. Lol.

Nope, not yet, front one has been on about 6 months and the rear has been on about 5 days. I did have French plates on my old 106 too, and only got pulled once for them in about 10 months.

I just carry the standard one with me too, just in case. :)

Oh right, that's pretty concerning. 20hp under is appalling. You might even have a legal angle, as you've got proof, if you want to pursue it.

I've got pressed metal plates, but they're legal, as they've got the correct font and reflectivity levels.

I know what you mean mate. I probably don't stand anywhere though. :/

Anyway, bought myself some Renaultsport interior accessories from Karl on Tuesday, and they came Christmas eve, to which I was very suprised so many thanks to SMC Renault :)

Went for the handbrake cover and gearknob and gator, which looks so much better. (Personally I think it should come as standard on the Renaultsport cars ;) )

Here's a couple of pics....

63567_473986528156_579993156_5988668_3396385_n.jpg

164072_473986398156_579993156_5988666_6472976_n.jpg

You don't run your car on ultimate anyway? That will be a major factor towards the low bhp . I've always ran mine on ultimate and I've had two RR one with 127bhp at 4500miles and one with 129 after 10k miles