Charge for a courtesy car???

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They wanted £12 a day for 'insurance', questioned it and asked why i should have to pay for it when the car was under warrenty and they said it was because i had requested the courtesy car, got them down to £6 a day after speaking to the Branch Manager...

Per day?! There should be a fixed cost as the charge is nothing more than an admin charge for paperwork etc.

If expect to pay no more than £30 for whatever duration.

Matt":2taq6yb4 said:
Per day?! There should be a fixed cost as the charge is nothing more than an admin charge for paperwork etc.

If expect to pay no more than £30 for whatever duration.

Does seem very high! 3 days of their insurance is what I pay in a month for my twingo!

After trawling through all my insurance papers I can use my own insurance and rang my insurer to double check and they said its fully comp for up to 7 days for any courtesy car while mine is in for repairs.

Rang the garage back and the guy on service was more helpful than anyone else I have dealt with and managed to book a car even though it said there weren't any available and he noted down I will be using my own insurance so I won't be charged anything.