chassis bracing interest

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'll find out when i'm in work tuesday / wednesday what the correct thread is for the bumper screw-bolt thingy's, and i'll get back to you. there should be the fake cheap skunk ones on ebay, and no doubt there will be other kinds available too? no doubt in orange mate. remember that skunk2 is a honda tuning company though. you wouldn't want someone thinking you're a ''ricer'' lol

Just a quick up-date, I've received the Pure Motorsport top front strut brace yesterday and did a quick trail fit - I can confirm it fits across the two turrets and works very nicely with the K-Tec solid top mounts.

The issue at the moment is the tin work around the heater duct, it needs to be trimmed and slotted, it needs a bit of time spending on it to get a good fit which I can't do until next weekend - so I'll post up the pics then.

I will say it's a snug fit, you would think it was actually made for a Twingo. :D

Rob :geek:

awesome! i've just finnished a seatbelt harness bar today rob for those who don't want to pay £400+ for a ktec baddie. i'm fitting it tomorrow without being painted, and then i can start to price it up. i know that it will be Cheap with a capital C ;)

sullii94":cvtl60br said:
Anymore progress? :D
Yes on the top brace, the revised prototype has been completed and test fitted, the final production unit should be available within the next 2 - 3 weeks, once fitted and re-checked they should go on sale through Pure Motorsport so you are looking at about 4 weeks.

Here's a quick look at the prototype:

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

These are made from steel not alloy so no bending - a well engineered bit of kit.

If you combine the strut brace with the top mounts you are looking at an estimated cost of £250 for everything (strut bar and top mounts) - which is a very good price when you look what is currently available in the market place.

Rob.

Matthias":nifjdqly said:
Count me in!
:D ;)

I'll get back to you when I'm at home tonight with regard to the metal cover, I have some photo's which explains what needs doing.

Rob.

Spitfire1":2lys46u8 said:
Matthias":2lys46u8 said:
Count me in!

I'll get back to you when I'm at home tonight with regard to the metal cover, I have some photo's which explains what needs doing.

Rob.

oops double post >_<

Spitfire1":18tplsut said:
Matthias":18tplsut said:
Count me in!

Rob.

same here if they fit left hand drives ;) !!

does look good that rob, well a little untidy but i can see the final design being anything but :) the guys at puremotorsport always put out excellent products! more so than a certain someone who i shan't mention because they're a forum trader...who never make a forum appearance ;)

oscar":31e3qqx0 said:
does look good that rob, well a little untidy but i can see the final design being anything but :) the guys at puremotorsport always put out excellent products! more so than a certain someone who i shan't mention because they're a forum trader...who never make a forum appearance ;)

Well impressed with how they designed it, the orange is a hard formed plastic which has been 3 D cut and bonded to the steel. So the full on production unit will be metal and welded, there is a reduction in the top webbing to clear the plastic windscreen cover but other than that it fits very well.

Once this is completed I hope Nick will come on as a trader - he's a great guy to deal with.

GhostZ":31e3qqx0 said:
same here if they fit left hand drives ;) !!

Yes the configuration for right hand and left hand drive is the same, so you will be OK.

Rob

Any information on the harness bar? And also is it a bad idea/can I run harnesses with my standard seats? I've seen some that would match the black and white colour theme going on :) Don't really fancy full on buckets.