Continentals/ Falkens

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So have we got a definitive answer on the Falkens on Cup wheels?

We had Falkens on the 350z as they seemed to be the recommended choice on the owners forums, we couldn't fault them at all, the car seemed to have a hell of a lot more grip than the standard bridgestones, even in the wet, when the car liked to kick it's tail out now and again :twisted:

Have a look at the eu labels on the tyre you'll be suprised but sometimes the medium range brand beat the premium in some areas!

Just searched through a few of the topics and this was closest.

Will be needing two new rear tyres soon so on the lookout

Does anyone have a Price for Conti Sport 3's?

I have found out i can get them for £85 ex/VAT @ 195/40/17

What are people's views on Bridgestone Potenza's? can get them for £80 @ 205/40/17.

Should look into part worn tyres too. I got 2 Eagle F1s (235/40/18) with about half the tread left for £35 each

Do a lot of Motorway miles (don't know why i bought a Twingo!) so i prefer fresh tyres :)

Bones":135egt6v said:
Should look into part worn tyres too. I got 2 Eagle F1s (235/40/18) with about half the tread left for £35 each

Does that include fitting? If not, then I think it may be a false economy.

Araf":u6zudsvh said:
Bones":u6zudsvh said:

Nope, but I got them fitted for free so I guess it didn't affect me.

But an Eagle F1 was £130 excluding fitting when I had a quick look, so even if I had to pay for fitting on the ones I got, I'm still saving a fair bit.

And unlike Ads, I don't do any motorway driving. Plus, I'm a cheapskate ;-)

Bones":11yuil3t said:
Araf":11yuil3t said:
Bones":11yuil3t said:

Nope, but I got them fitted for free so I guess it didn't affect me.

But an Eagle F1 was £130 excluding fitting when I had a quick look, so even if I had to pay for fitting on the ones I got, I'm still saving a fair bit.

And unlike Ads, I don't do any motorway driving. Plus, I'm a cheapskate ;-)
:lol:

I'm amazed at some of the prices on ebay for part worns. People forget that you can discount at least the last 2mm (more if your tyre wears unevenly) so the effective tread available is only 6 of the 8mm from new.

So saying, I recently sold a pair of 19" tyres from my wife's car for £40, when IMHO they were only fit for the bin so I really shouldn't complain. :cool:

New tyres ain't coming with 8mm no more manufactures are cutting down to about 7mm and some Michelins brand new are 6mm but they are the Eco tyre aha