Custom induction

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope you sell loads mate :) could cut it down to two layers of carb and 2 of fibreglass for coating and weight, or skimp out on resin to get weight down
www.carbonmods.com do some stunning coloured carb cloth :D

orbital":25cl2ws4 said:
hope you sell loads mate :) could cut it down to two layers of carb and 2 of fibreglass for coating and weight, or skimp out on resin to get weight down
www.carbonmods.com do some stunning coloured carb cloth :D

Getting some black pigment for the resin, then laying up the outer with chopped strand glass and one layer of Kevlar sandwiched in the middle to prevent cracking would probably be the easiest to lay up and trim down.

Vacuum bagging would realy be needed to reduce the amount of resin for the amount of fabric used. I have a few ideas on how to vac the mould, but is will be a right pain and probably lead to loads of wasted materials.

The coloured fabric is a combination of carbon and pollyester, so not as strong/crack resistant as kevlar. Though it would be much better than glass alone and I have actualy thought of making some carbon/blue mudflaps :cool:

Looking awesome mate,top work!!!
Are you going to sell them?
Im really keen!!!

TheDon":1558llnl said:
Im really keen!!!
I will probably be making a few if theres interest (covering the costs in making up the moulds would be good). Orb is going to do a trial fit, using the first scoop from the mould, which turned out a bit gash. He has the 76mm intake hose, so it will be good to see how it fits for him... however it will have to wait a few weeks due to work

i have a graph from my scoop which has a limited opening (being the same Bore size as stock scoops) so would be good to see any diff on dyno graphs between two same designs but with different bore outlets

singlespeed":2wlld3dz said:
TheDon":2wlld3dz said:
Im really keen!!!
I will probably be making a few if theres interest (covering the costs in making up the moulds would be good). Orb is going to do a trial fit, using the first scoop from the mould, which turned out a bit gash. He has the 76mm intake hose, so it will be good to see how it fits for him... however it will have to wait a few weeks due to work

Ok sweet mate no problem.
I cant wait!! :D